• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Water Dragon

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Was at a pet store picking up some crickets when I overheard a couple talking about their injured Water Dragon. Seems he was running around his enclosure and busted his mouth up really good. The guy there was not sure what to treat him with. I know I had used diluted Betedine and neosporine on Yo when his tail was sore but was not sure if they could use that around his mouth. I am giving them this site in the hopes that they will come on and seek help.

Very frustrating to me when I am trying to help and I can see in their eyes that they don't trust me but will put all their trust in the guy dishing out the crickets!!! All I can do is try.

Any suggestions in case they do decide to come on?

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Not sure if you use that around the mout. i think as long as it isn't too close it might be okay.
BTW...You are such a good person.

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If they chose to take an employees advice over u...they are the fools. Hopefully they check us out and get some good info.

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Thanks Lisa. You know how it is when you're trying to help someone and they look at you like you don't know anything. Really should take it to the vet but wasn't sure that was an option. I just thought with all the experts on here they would suggest something that might help. We'll see. I don't want to make any judgements just in case I read it wrong. The guy ended up saying to wash it with saline. But I think it needs a little bit more to fight off infection. The thing about these petstores is they don't carry anything that might help in any situation. : (

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That seems to be rather typical of water dragons. Specifically when kept in enclosures with wire mesh. They tend to rub their noses on the walls. You can imagine what mesh would do to one.

Latest posts