• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Water dish

huntreefs

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey guys wanted to know peoples views on water dishes in enclosures. I have heard a lot of different opinions on this topic. Some say not to put one in the enclosure but instead mist foods and enclosure and bathe once a week. Others say have one and change out daily. I personality use a water dish I feel like an animal should have fresh water available. But some say it may raise the humidity levels to high. Just wondering some of your thoughts.

stumpylump86

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have a water dish and my beardie drinks directly from it. I know this is quite rare but I'm lucky she does it, dont need to worry about dehydration. I change the water every morning and take it out at lights out time. I still mist her veggies too. Some dragons will u see their bowls as a toilet. If this is the case with yours then I would prob not bother with one!

jarich

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I would recommend always having a water dish available to any animal, even if you do not necessarily see it drinking. You never know what they do when you are not watching. ;)

Its simply not true that it raises humidity to any problematic levels, and in fact at this time of the year the opposite is often true. Most peoples' houses in North America in the winter use forced air heating, which is incredibly dehydrating (normally around 5-10% humidity). I not only have water dishes, but also a humidifier in the room this time of year. If you look at their range of habitat in the wild, they are used to a normal humidity of around 35-55% rH.

Latest posts