• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

wat time should i remove the salad dish?

WatfordOleary17

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I'm wondering how late to leave both my guys salad dish in. I've noticed my older beardie don't really touch it but my 7-8 month Guy/girl munchs it in the evening.

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
doesnt really matter. just make sure your guys have at least one hour after their last snack before the lights go off. once the lights go out, they wont eat anyway so its really more a matter of preference. some people leave it in all night if they have rouge crickets running around so the bugs will eat on the salad and not the dragons.

P

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
doesnt really matter. just make sure your guys have at least one hour after their last snack before the lights go off. once the lights go out, they wont eat anyway so its really more a matter of preference. some people leave it in all night if they have rouge crickets running around so the bugs will eat on the salad and not the dragons.

Just proves mine is SNEAKY . . . .. hehehehehe

The other day we were out till late and when we got home her lights were already off (I run them on a timer)
ANyways i left salad and a bowl of supers in the viv that morning (I always do this when Im out for the day) so she could eat while we were away. When i went to get the bowl out of the viv and saw her sleeping she suddenly opened her eyes, saw me and leapt onto the worm bowl, grabbed 4 at once and chomped them. I thought i was gonna kill her as the lights were already off and she shouldnt be eating at this time.

Anyways, you never know when they are in the mood for a snack or several. SO its best to do as R said. Remove approx 1 hour before lights out.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I've always wondered how long to keep the bowl in. I keep a salad in his tank before we leave if we're running late. I go out to places most of the time, either for jewelry beads and his crixs. :)

WatfordOleary17

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Well Pheonix is loving his salad and munched the last of it well b4 lights out and Lennie seems bit more reluctant.. at the mo I'm giving salad first thing to both, then Pheonix gets some locust an hour later, then both get fresh salad n locust in the evening. Anyone used calci-worms? Herd into a diff brand name to pheonix worms, but also herd only the US Pheonix worms have the researched ratios that pulls is towards this feeder. Any insight?

Latest posts