• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Vomiting/diaherra???

**CHRIS**

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I recently reused a 5 yr old male beardy and he isn't keeping any food down and has diarrhea.... He eats perfectly fine and about 24 hours later its coming back up.... he is skinny and under weight for sure and his skin is in poor shape.... his conditions before were not great... lousy diet, no UV, no heat ex ex.... now he is in a 75 gallon, excellent diet, under good UV and has plenty of heat... could the move from having nothing to having everything been like a shock to his system.... what should i do? what can i feed him to try and help settle his stomach.... hes very active and spunky which I'm surprised, figured hes be all blaaa.... any help or input is greatly appreciated.... thanks....

Michele654

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
perhaps he's gorging..meaning too much to fast....if hes' been under nurished in the recent past it could be he's eating too fast and quickly? This is known to be a survival traite in wild animals? I healthy dragon can handle that level of food consuption but if his stomach is weak then try feeding him the same amount but spread it out thought out the day..Offer smaller amounts at a time but more often in a day.

**CHRIS**

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
that makes sence... i havent been trying to shuvel him food but i will spead what i normaly would give him out and see how he does...

Michele654

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
If this doesn't rectify the issue then please bring him to a Hep Veterinarian..best of luck

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
lousy diet, no UV, no heat ex ex
there is a probability of parasite infections, MVB, and impaction. I suggest taking him to a qualified reptile vet to have him checked out. See if you can get any solid poop for a fecal exam as well.

rugbychic07

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
eeewwww i myself had to witness bubba (my beardie) vomiting it was not pretty i am sorry if you had to witness it as well CHRIS it is a horrible thing but now that i think back to that day i do remember calling bubba a pig cause he ate so much more quicker than normal i never let him do that again and hes been fine also it was the first day i gave him blueberries so maybe that was it well any who it was either eating to fast not necessarily to much just to fast or something new that you gave him he just cant keep down like i said blueberries and strawberries do it for bubba anything sweet cept mango

Latest posts