• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Vitamin supplements

Rayzncane

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have a 5 mont old and he is given calcium without D3 so how much and how often should he be getting a vitamin supplement? Herptivite

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have a 5 mont old and he is given calcium without D3 so how much and how often should he be getting a vitamin supplement? Herptivite
Your dragon needs calcium w/ D3 5 x per week dusted on the insects lightly coated ONE time per feeding -- Herptivite 2 x per week dusted on the insects lightly coated ONE time per feeding -- if your using a coil UVB he will not be able to absorb and synthesize that calcium your feeding -- coils are inadequate UVB's and will cause all kinds of health issues ---- these supplements will change when he turns a year old and that will be determined by the bulb your using either the T 5 or the T 8 --- T 5's are stronger and better bulbs

Rayzncane

Bearded Dragon Egg
Your dragon needs calcium w/ D3 5 x per week dusted on the insects lightly coated ONE time per feeding -- Herptivite 2 x per week dusted on the insects lightly coated ONE time per feeding -- if your using a coil UVB he will not be able to absorb and synthesize that calcium your feeding -- coils are inadequate UVB's and will cause all kinds of health issues ---- these supplements will change when he turns a year old and that will be determined by the bulb your using either the T 5 or the T 8 --- T 5's are stronger and better bulbs
Using the t5 bulb, is there a calcium supplement you can suggest with the d3 in it? Using the repticalcium for the calcium supplement now.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Using the t5 bulb, is there a calcium supplement you can suggest with the d3 in it? Using the repticalcium for the calcium supplement now.
Where is the uvb? The screen determines the placement and distance

Rayzncane

Bearded Dragon Egg
Where is the uvb? The screen determines the placement and distance
It’s about 3/4 of the tank and I already changed the screen out from the kit we purchased. His husbandry is spot on just need to know how much and how often he should be getting his vitamin supplements

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It’s about 3/4 of the tank and I already changed the screen out from the kit we purchased. His husbandry is spot on just need to know how much and how often he should be getting his vitamin supplements
Ok so your screen will block 30% of the rays if its a fine mesh like a screen door and it sitting on top -- the reason I am asking is he wont be able to absorb or synthesize that calcium hes eating w/ out being properly placed and distanced for that screen

Latest posts