• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Vitamin and calcium dusting

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I do one meal a day with calcium w/o D3 and a multi vitamin once a week.

jarich

Bearded Dragon Veteran
With the greens/veg you shouldnt need to dust those. Live foods should generally be dusted with calcium every feeding or with a vitamin supplement once a week

Sarah Britten

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I've been using Komodo live foods booster which has vitamins and calcium in it on his morning feed everyday is this ok or should I change to just calcium everyday and the vitamin one once a week??

jarich

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I've been using Komodo live foods booster which has vitamins and calcium in it on his morning feed everyday is this ok or should I change to just calcium everyday and the vitamin one once a week??

Calcium on live feeds at every feeding. Nearly all insects have an inappropriate Ca : P ratio and so need the extra calcium to bump it up. However, your vegetables should not require it if you are using a good variety of calcium rich vegetables. As for your Komodo stuff, I would say just stick to using it once or twice a week. There are some vitamins that are fat soluble, and while its not a big risk with just a light dusting, there is some small risk of over doing it.

Sarah Britten

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Thank u I will change it round from tomorrow and just use the calci dust every day.

Thanks for ur help and advise

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My question to all of you is what is your favorite brand of supplements?? How come soo many calc's come with D3 seems that in order to find any without you have to buy them online..

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I think pet stores sell an abundance of frogs and leopard geckos that are nocturnal and so they need the calcium with the D3 in it so they don't always stock the one without D3. I'm not sure of the brand that I am currently using. I put it in a salt shaker so that it's easier to shake onto the bugs. I do have ZooMed ReptiCalcium w/D3 for my frogs and I use Reptivite for my multivitamin. I also give Dexter a little bit of bee pollen to help stimulate her appetite for her salad. She seems to like the smell of it but I don't see her diving into her salad to get it.

Latest posts