• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Vinyl Flooring Question

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What do you all know about vinyl flooring for kitchens? Is it safe to use? I bought three samples from Home Depot to try out, but if you all tell me not to use it, I won't. I'll find something else to use it for.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm thinking it might be slippery, but if it has some texturing & that is not an issue, it would work fine. I have used textured Vinyl Deck Flooring.

Pat B

Super Moderator
Some vinyl flooring is really slick and shiny....that probably wouldn't be good. I use slate stone for my beardie. It wasn't expensive and I bought it at Lowes....fits my 40 gal tank perfectly. Cleans up nice and looks good. You also might try some vinyl wood looking strips. That would look pretty cool and give your beardie a nonslip surface if you use the right kind....good luck!:D

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
How about the glue from the vinyl tiles? Won't that leach through with the high heat temperatures.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What I used wasn't tiles, I Contact Cemented it down with no issues.

drgnfly2265

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I use the kitchen vinyl flooring for my tortoises indoor area. It works great with her. For my beardies I use the non-adhesive shelf liner, works great.

Latest posts