• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Vinnie and his food dish!

timbalan

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
So whenever i walk by vinnies viv i can tell if hes pooped yet cuz i can smell it. So that being said i walked by today and smelled the present and looked all around didnt see anything so i went on about my day. Looked another time still didnt see it, then bamn there it was in his dubia bowl. Now this isnt the first time hes done this. I used to find it on his greens plate or right next to it. Seems he does his stuff on almost the same square of paper towel everytime. Guess im gonna have to move his dish somewhere else and see if he still does this. Anyone elses beardie poo in the same place?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
That is the one nice thing about beardies that poop in their tank, they poop in or near the same spot! Luci likes to sit at the top of her basking log and let it drop down to the floor of her tank!

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Gotta love a creature of habit! Not if it goes in his food bowl though! Maybe he's trying to tell you something - like "feed me more!" hahaha

timbalan

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
There was still a couple roaches in it. I had to throw them and his poop out and wash the bowl.

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Isabella poops in approx same place every 3 days or so. Toviah waits until his weekly soak

Keegirl96

Hatchling Dragon
Ruger will do the same thing, poops on his basking rock.....Sydney will go in one corner and does it and Pharaoh (my sudan plated lizard) will only poop in his food bowl...yuck!

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have a horse that used to poop in his waterer. THAT was messy!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I have a horse that used to poop in his waterer. THAT was messy!

LOL! I have a frog that likes to poop in his water too, his tank mate likes to poop in their food bowl!

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
lol. I love it when Allie poops in one place. But sometimes, she'll poop on her logs. Just to be let out and have some fun time with me.

Right now, she's been pooping in a soak therapy tub.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Allie suffered a fall from my bed and is recovering. If she were well, she poops in her tank, outside, or in a tub of hers. She's been soaking in the bathroom sink where I can keep an eye on her and help her out if she wants out.

Oh! I forgot to mention. Allie does poop on her food dish also when she doesn't want her greens.

timbalan

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
My little vinnie decided to grow wings one day, i was in the bathroom and he jumped off my shoulder and hit the ground. And just so u know im 6'4" thats a big jump for such a little guy. He didnt seem to get hurt tho. Still his normal self. Usually he just sits there and looks all around but he must have drank some red bull thought he could fly.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
My little vinnie decided to grow wings one day, i was in the bathroom and he jumped off my shoulder and hit the ground. And just so u know im 6'4" thats a big jump for such a little guy. He didnt seem to get hurt tho. Still his normal self. Usually he just sits there and looks all around but he must have drank some red bull thought he could fly.

They have no fear at that age! We started taking Luci out into the front room and he FLYS around the room it's so funny. You see him working it out in his head "if I jump to the coffee table, I can jump to the floor and then climb up couch and jump to the chair"! Now Dexter at her size, falls from her hammock that is 3 inches off the ground and she pouts the whole day!

timbalan

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Ya i cant put him down in my house just yet i tried once and just about lost him behind my furnace. Hes a fast little bugger. Were looking to buy a house so he will soon have his own room to play in all he wants.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
We tend to block things off when we put Luci down. She got behind the tv a few times, luckily the stand isn't up against the wall and it has wheels so we were able to get her out.

Soensew

Bearded Dragon Egg
My Isabelle point blank refuses on her tank. She prefers to do it in a warm bath after she's had a swim around. I don't think she has a problem pooping (she has done it in my hand, yuk and also behind the curtains!) I think she doesn't like the smell herself so doesn't want it in her tank.

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Yeh Diego tends to poop in the same spot in his viv wich is nxt to his food dish. I can usually tell weather Diegos gunna snuggle dwn for a cuddle or weather he wants a run rnd. Hes always more up rite and alert wen hes gunna run dwn my arm n try jump of the coach so in that case i take him in the hall where i can shut all the doors and he can run free. Ciz um always very nervous anywhere else like in the bed incase he falls off or the few time wen we able to pad all the gaps in the livin room he will go wild think he can climb up the coach. N he always manages to find a gap sumwhere to try squeeze into. Never a dull time wen u have a beardie;)

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
My Isabelle point blank refuses on her tank. She prefers to do it in a warm bath after she's had a swim around. I don't think she has a problem pooping (she has done it in my hand, yuk and also behind the curtains!) I think she doesn't like the smell herself so doesn't want it in her tank.

I always think that is why Dexter doesn't go in her tank, she doesn't want anyone to know she smells! She gives me the evil eye in the morning when Luci goes. Luci's tank is below Dexters and sometimes it smells and the smell goes right up to her!

Latest posts