• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Vet appointment

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
So today was the big day. We finally found a vet that actually seemed legit this time thank God!

Turns out Spyra has hookworms and pinworms. He prescribed her panacur which she will take a dose of every two weeks three times before having another fecal done. He gave her the first dose today which she wasn't to happy about :( she showed us all her beard to express her true feelings about the treatment lol. Other than that she did great! And she's now home and basking in her favorite spot:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I'm glad you found a good vet! They are so hard to come by. I hope Spyra gets well soon. Treatment isn't fun for our beardies or for us, as worried parents. I'll be sending well wishes your way!

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I'm glad you found a good vet! They are so hard to come by. I hope Spyra gets well soon. Treatment isn't fun for our beardies or for us, as worried parents. I'll be sending well wishes your way!

Thank you so much I really appreciate the get well soon wishes for my girl. So far she is doing great I just pray it stays that way and does not make her sick

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I am so sorry to hear this. I kinda had a feeling she had worms. Thank you PetSmart!

Wally sends her big tongue licks to get better with a gut loaded dubia! Wally says it will get better Spyra just make sure you take your probiotics cuz I need my girl heathy!!!

Praying for Spyra. Give her big cuddle from me!!

Hope you and Maddie are doing okay and not too upset. I'm glad you found a decent vet and I hope you like him.

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I am so sorry to hear this. I kinda had a feeling she had worms. Thank you PetSmart!

Wally sends her big tongue licks to get better with a gut loaded dubia! Wally says it will get better Spyra just make sure you take your probiotics cuz I need my girl heathy!!!

Praying for Spyra. Give her big cuddle from me!!

Hope you and Maddie are doing okay and not too upset. I'm glad you found a decent vet and I hope you like him.

Thank you, and Mr Wally so much! You two have been so helpful and supportive during this time. We are just grateful to finally have a vet around that doesn't recommend feeding her pizza lol. I had to tell him about that experience and the look on his face was priceless! We have the probiotic on deck and are going to start it immediately. Other than the worms he said she was in perfect health which made me feel a lot better :)

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Thank you, and Mr Wally so much! You two have been so helpful and supportive during this time. We are just grateful to finally have a vet around that doesn't recommend feeding her pizza lol. I had to tell him about that experience and the look on his face was priceless! We have the probiotic on deck and are going to start it immediately. Other than the worms he said she was in perfect health which made me feel a lot better :)

That's great news!!! Woo hoo!! Since she's in perfect health she will do great with the medicine! Did you ask about the swollen tongue?

Did you get weights and measurements?? I'm just curious as I weigh and measure Wally every week. Lol

Yea that vet needs to hang up his stethoscope and call it quits and order himself a dang pizza!!

Sorry for all the questions.

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
He did check her mouth and said it looks great. He said her tongue was completely normal. Also it Turns out you were right on the money, she just had food in her teeth that he flossed out for her.
She is 13 1/2inches and 165 grams. He did recommend that we get a scale he said it was the best way to keep up with their growth and such. So we will be getting one asap so that we can do weekly weigh ins as well

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
They must be about the same age! Cuz I weighed him today and he weighs 167 grams and is 14 3/4 inches. They say boys are bigger.

Wouldn't it be weird if they were from the same batch. From what I understand PetSmart has 1 breeder they use. So Wally and Spyra could be brother and sister!

I really am so glad Spyra is doing good and her tongue is normal!!

Yea I got my scale about a month ago. I started weighing him then. I didn't think about it from day one. Kinda wish I would have done that just to see the growth.

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
They must be about the same age! Cuz I weighed him today and he weighs 167 grams and is 14 3/4 inches. They say boys are bigger.

Wouldn't it be weird if they were from the same batch. From what I understand PetSmart has 1 breeder they use. So Wally and Spyra could be brother and sister!

Yea I got my scale about a month ago. I started weighing him then. I didn't think about it from day one. Kinda wish I would have done that just to see the growth.

He's definitely a big boy. I was worried about her being over weight based on some of the charts online. But he assured us she is a very solid healthy girl that's growing.

That would be awesome!! Lol. When we got Spyra the girl couldn't tell us her exact age but she did say based on their average age/size when they get them in that she would guess spyra was born sometime around April, so they could be. If only they could speak human than they could tell us lol. I could show her Wally's picture and she could be like "yup I know that guy, we go back"

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I was told Wally was born April 20th. Omg so crazy!! I thought he looked over weight TOO. But if Spyra's weight is good then maybe he's okay.

One of these days I will take one of her pictures and photo shop it onto one of his and do a side by side comparison. I would like to wait until he's done with this full body shed. Which you just told me she just did a full body shed herself. She is maturing faster than him but he's growing faster than her. Talk about keeping it in the family!!!! Lmao

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So today was the big day. We finally found a vet that actually seemed legit this time thank God!

Turns out Spyra has hookworms and pinworms. He prescribed her panacur which she will take a dose of every two weeks three times before having another fecal done. He gave her the first dose today which she wasn't to happy about :( she showed us all her beard to express her true feelings about the treatment lol. Other than that she did great! And she's now home and basking in her favorite spot:)

Well I'm glad that you found a good vet!! Bummer on the worms but hey it happens who's to really say how they came about as for pinworms most beardies have them already and don't need treatment it's when they get stressed the amount can get out of control.. Fingers crossed that she stays nice and happy throughout treatment..

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club

My Simon I got from Petco in May and he was about 3/4 months old he weighed 41gr.. He is now 8/9 months old and weighs 476gr and is 18" approx!! Yes the boys get much bigger than the females :) My Izzy who is about a year and a half old she was 31 gr and is now 376 gr and 17 1/2" should be 17 3/4" (she lost some of her tip of tail) The size difference is amazing..

Maddie

Juvenile Dragon
Our girl is grubbing on some dubias. She's such a trooper! We are hoping things stay this way throughout the next few weeks and no more worms!

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hdrydr Whoa Simon is a BIG boy lol I love the big bulky males:)
And thank you, we are hoping she stays tough and continues eating like a champ through her treatment :)

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I was told Wally was born April 20th. Omg so crazy!! I thought he looked over weight TOO. But if Spyra's weight is good then maybe he's okay.

One of these days I will take one of her pictures and photo shop it onto one of his and do a side by side comparison. I would like to wait until he's done with this full body shed. Which you just told me she just did a full body shed herself. She is maturing faster than him but he's growing faster than her. Talk about keeping it in the family!!!! Lmao

I have read that males do tend to get bigger and bulkier than females. With both of them being so close in age and eating the same types of insects and stuff it would be interesting to do a comparison. Even though we already know males tend to get bigger it would still be an interesting experiment That would show the difference during the growth process. (Im a science nerd Lol) I say you should do it!

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I just watched your video and I can hear her chewing. Sounds just like Wally!! Glad to see she's eating!

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I love hearing the crunch I know that's probably a weird twisted thing to admit lol

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Ewwwww!!!! It grosses me out and makes me sick to my stomach!

Weirdo!!!! Lmao [emoji23][emoji23]

Bobbi in Cincinnati - with my 13 hermit crabs, 1 bearded dragon - Sir Wallace and 5 rescue cats!!

Elders

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Our girl is grubbing on some dubias. She's such a trooper! We are hoping things stay this way throughout the next few weeks and no more worms!

This is the gentlest feeding I have ever seen ☺ Ody just vacuums everything....he's a chipmonk.....storing everything in his neck pouch...

@RaeAnn sorry to hear about the worms, but the good news is you know now and have taken action. I wish you and spyra well. And a speedy recovery to spyra.

Latest posts