• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

VERY VERY CONCERNED!! PLEASE HELP!

goofy4beardies

Bearded Dragon Egg
so i separated my baby dragons but the one i was concerned about seems to be doing worse. the lighting is regulated and food and water are always present. with that being said my baby is not eating. i bought some liquid calcium today and force fed him some but it says to only do it 3X's per week. I also was able to put a small mealworm in his mouth but he has not seemed to swallow it yet. he also has his eyes closed 95% of the time and is very thin! PLEASE HELP!!!! im not sure what else to do!

gilliesexotics

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi, it is super important to catch a young one that is not eating early on. Letting it go on for a period of time makes it super hard to reverse.

I dont know the age or size of the dragon or even how long it has gone without food. If you decide to force fluids/liquid food be sure to only use a extremely small drop and place it t the tip of the mouth. Reptiles like bearded dragons have a "glottis" opening that is located directly behind the tongue. This is how they breath, it is much different than how we breath. With there mouth closed they position the glottis in the choana to breath from the nostrils. At any rate you dont want your animal to aspirate by forcing fluids into the air way.It is key to be patient, allow the animal enough time to swallow between dosings.

Try crickets instead of mealworms and try injecting the fluids in the cavity of the cricket. since you are forcing the cricket you could also simply spray the cricket with water to make it wet and provide a little more hydration.

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hi; i would recommend a vet ASAP; just to make sure everything is alright with your baby and they can better suggest options for your baby-Hope this helps and Good Luck-and keep us updated-river-7

Latest posts