• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Very strange poo!!!!

fatdog

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi. I am new to this forum and I have had my beardie nearly a year with no problems. Then a few days ago she went very dark in colour, stopped eating and became inactive. Today she has passed 3 pale cream smooth lumps. I have no idea what they are. They are slightly squigy! Not hard or I would think they might be eggs. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

fatdog

Bearded Dragon Egg
Fairly certain now that they are infertile eggs having watched a few clips online. She seems much like her old self now but I'll keep an eye on her and see what happens tomorrow and let you know. Thankyou for your advice and thoughts.

jarich

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Sounds like eggs, yes. Its likely that there are more to come too, so be aware. Your girl will need to resupply her minerals, so make sure you are dusting with calcium and a vitamin supplement for each live feeding. Try to stick to high calcium/mineral live prey like phoenix worms, silk worms, nightcrawlers, etc and feed high calcium greens like dandelion, escarole, etc.

Mushuandcricket

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Sounds like eggs, yes. Its likely that there are more to come too, so be aware. Your girl will need to resupply her minerals, so make sure you are dusting with calcium and a vitamin supplement for each live feeding. Try to stick to high calcium/mineral live prey like phoenix worms, silk worms, nightcrawlers, etc and feed high calcium greens like dandelion, escarole, etc.

@jarich I didn't realize nightcrawlers were high calcium/mineral prey. Is that the same for red wigglers? Thanks

jarich

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Indeed they are, both nightcrawlers and red wigglers. However, many reptiles wont eat red wigglers as they produce a noxious slime when disturbed

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Indeed they are, both nightcrawlers and red wigglers. However, many reptiles wont eat red wigglers as they produce a noxious slime when disturbed

I fed my frogs red wigglers once and they spit them out like they were kids eating broccoli!

Latest posts