• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Very frustrated... Out of ideas. She just won't eat

Godzilla 84

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi there. As you can see above she has been off her food for about 6 weeks now and wants to spend most of her time under her hide.
It's like she's gone into brumation but it's the spring here now in the UK ??
The setup is all good...
60 watt bulb with basking Temps between 35-40c
12% Arcadia light ( new )
She poos in the bath
Drinks
Doesn't seem to of lost any weight bizzarely
I've tried different temp basking bulb's
I've tried placing her as near as I can to uvb bulb
Tried all different live bugs
She just does the same thing everytime

Attachments

• DSC_0496.JPG
    DSC_0496.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 23

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi there. As you can see above she has been off her food for about 6 weeks now and wants to spend most of her time under her hide.
It's like she's gone into brumation but it's the spring here now in the UK ??
The setup is all good...
60 watt bulb with basking Temps between 35-40c
12% Arcadia light ( new )
She poos in the bath
Drinks
Doesn't seem to of lost any weight bizzarely
I've tried different temp basking bulb's
I've tried placing her as near as I can to uvb bulb
Tried all different live bugs
She just does the same thing everytime
Your UVB fixture has a reflector in it? And the distance for a 12% should be 12-15 inches above the decor - Have you weighed her to make sure she has not lost any weight? Sometimes they go off their food -- I would watch her weight keep track of it -- is she basking at all ? How are the poops when she does poop? Are they extremely runny and smell really really bad?

Godzilla 84

Bearded Dragon Egg
Your UVB fixture has a reflector in it? And the distance for a 12% should be 12-15 inches above the decor - Have you weighed her to make sure she has not lost any weight? Sometimes they go off their food -- I would watch her weight keep track of it -- is she basking at all ? How are the poops when she does poop? Are they extremely runny and smell really really bad?
Hi thanks for your reply.
So I've included a picture of what her setup is normally like .
Yes it has a reflector and yes the uvb is about 12-15 inches away. I simply changed to some decor that would get her nearer the the uvb just wondering if maybe she wasn't getting enough .
She's currently under her hide.
Her poos look normal to.me although it's alittle hard to tell because she always does it in the bath. So it mixes Straight into the water. Always has that solid White stool though.

Really do appreciate any feedback. I honestly can't workout what's putting her off.
If she was sick surely by now she'd be really looking sick and Just kind of dying where she doesn't seem like that ?

Attachments

• DSC_0497.JPG
    DSC_0497.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 21

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi thanks for your reply.
So I've included a picture of what her setup is normally like .
Yes it has a reflector and yes the uvb is about 12-15 inches away. I simply changed to some decor that would get her nearer the the uvb just wondering if maybe she wasn't getting enough .
She's currently under her hide.
Her poos look normal to.me although it's alittle hard to tell because she always does it in the bath. So it mixes Straight into the water. Always has that solid White stool though.

Really do appreciate any feedback. I honestly can't workout what's putting her off.
If she was sick surely by now she'd be really looking sick and Just kind of dying where she doesn't seem like that ?
What brand is the basking bulb? It looks yellowish -- I would swap out the basking bulb for a Flukers Zoo Med Repti basking or a Exo Terra Intense bulb -- those are a clear solid bright white bulb -- it may or may not change the behavior but we can see if it does -- the 12-15 inches for the UVB is good - you dont want it any closer to her -- so the poop is good -- I was trying to see if maybe parasites were in play here but it doesnt sound like it -- change out the basking bulb and see if that changes her behavior --

Godzilla 84

Bearded Dragon Egg
Tbh I just use the same bulb as I always have. She is 7 now. But I'll try anything so I'll look up the one you've suggested.
Also what do I look out for in unhealthy poo... I must admit I don't pay close attention to it. She does it I pull her out bath and pull plug and it drains away
Thanks again

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Tbh I just use the same bulb as I always have. She is 7 now. But I'll try anything so I'll look up the one you've suggested.
Also what do I look out for in unhealthy poo... I must admit I don't pay close attention to it. She does it I pull her out bath and pull plug and it drains away
Thanks again
Her poops should be dark formed and moist - urate white formed and moist - not runny or stink to high heaven - that can be a sign of parasites--- try the bulb change- its going to be trial and error- if it doesn't change her behavior let her be for now but watch her weight- if she's losing grams then there is a issue and a vet visit would be good

Bostonfinest

Juvenile Dragon
I would take her to a vet, also keep a eye on her weight. Is the UVB a coil bulb or is it a tube light and when was it replaced. Try sprinkling some vee pollen on her food too that also works

Godzilla 84

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi .. just thought I'd update I've just given her a bath with abit of repti boost in . She actually had a fair bit to drink in the bath then did a poop which seemed perfectly healthy to me but I've included a picture if you guys wanna take a look. Also included a pic of her now basking and looking quite bright.
I don't have any food for her to try right now though...
Thanks again

Attachments

• DSC_0507.JPG
    DSC_0507.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 12
  • DSC_0508.JPG
    DSC_0508.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 12
  • DSC_0509.JPG
    DSC_0509.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 14

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi .. just thought I'd update I've just given her a bath with abit of repti boost in . She actually had a fair bit to drink in the bath then did a poop which seemed perfectly healthy to me but I've included a picture if you guys wanna take a look. Also included a pic of her now basking and looking quite bright.
I don't have any food for her to try right now though...
Thanks again
What is the basking temp on the rock shes sitting on? Are you getting that temp w/ a digital probe thermometer?

Godzilla 84

Bearded Dragon Egg
So it's about 40c
That goes up and down alittle according to temp of room . As I don't have a thermostat.
Awaiting on the bright white basking bulb you recommended.
Is it ok the reflector dosent run the whole length of the Viv ?
I just can't workout what else could possibly be up.
That's clutching at straws as like I say her set-up has pretty much always been the same

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So it's about 40c
That goes up and down alittle according to temp of room . As I don't have a thermostat.
Awaiting on the bright white basking bulb you recommended.
Is it ok the reflector dosent run the whole length of the Viv ?
I just can't workout what else could possibly be up.
That's clutching at straws as like I say her set-up has pretty much always been the same
It's trial and error w/ the basking bulbs but you do want that bright white bulb-- how long is the reflector in the fixture?

Latest posts