• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Very active and jumping out tank

cody

Hatchling Dragon
recently dexters been a lot more active. Glass surfing, Leaping, climbing like he's trying to get out. He started getting out of the tank recently. Iv found him a few times out walking around. Which means he falls from the top of the tank to the floor every time. About 5 feet to the carpet. He doesn't seem hurt at all but actually sees more alert and strong. Obviously I'll have to stop him from jumping out. I'm glad/surprised he isn't hurt from all the falls. He seams to be healthier than ever tho.

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
how large a viv is he in? (it might need to be a bit bigger) it's great that he's so active ! you do need to get a lid, tho ! - he'll probably bump his head a few times

cody

Hatchling Dragon
It's a exoerra " wide large" 36 x 18 x 18. It also could be over decorated. I took some structures out to free up space. I got rid of the lid because I wanted no light/uvb filtered. I have a reptisun 10 T5 in a zoomed fixture with a reflector. It just seems insufficient with a screen cover. That may or may not be true, idk. I'm stiill amazed of how he isn't hurt or limping from the falls. Tough lil guy I got lol.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
The T5 is fine to put on top of the mesh. Luci is like that, always trying to get out of the tank. I don't have the space to get him a bigger tank but I do take him out daily to run around the house, which he usually just goes into a corner and goes to sleep! He has the same set up that my Dexter has, a magnetic ledge and a hammock so he can climb up as well as use the floor space. He also has a driftwood stick for basking and a turtle shell hide that he never uses but always wants to find a place to hide when he's out of his tank, go figure!

Latest posts