• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Various silliness and quirks

donprec

Juvenile Dragon
Are your beardeds picky about what dishes you use? I found out a few months ago that Precious now only likes her veggies in a white dish/bowl. Time and again I've tried others and she won't eat much, if any of it. It has to be mostly white. The other day I found these cute little grey rock dishes for hermit crabs for $1. For 2 days I offered Precious her veggies in them, no luck. Pulled out the white dish...she didn't leave one piece of veggie. Isn't that so funny?!

Don't you wish you knew what they were saying to you sometimes? I was sitting down and Precious came running over to me and just started staring at me. She does that often, like she's trying to tell me something or wants me to do something. I wish I knew what it was!
She'll spend hours in the window when it's sunny but the past few days have been overcast and then yesterday I wasn't able to take her out until after the sun was already going down. Today was overcast again. I keep thinking she was trying to tell me how she misses her sunny spot and wants me to bring her sun back out!
She looked so cute so I took a pic of her. Then she was curiously looking at the camera so I showed her the pic. She was actually quite interested, staring at it and licked it lol.
2585v0l.jpg

Precious giving birth to a skink :rolleyes::
b6asjl.jpg

She was basking like this for a while yesterday!
2jahppc.jpg

300v38l.jpg

I just had to share this picture. My son had lost his cat who grew up with him. There was a serious void after the cat was gone and my son wanted to have that bond again. So a couple months later, we got Precious...and it's so amazing how these 2 bonded and clicked right away. It's really cute, still tickles me to this day. And I have to admit, before Precious came into our lives, I never would've imagined a reptile could make such an impression...boy did she show us!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Dexter won't eat her squishy worms unless they are on these clear glass coasters that I have. I've tried to put them in her food dish and she pays no attention to them until I put them on her glass "dish". She will also sit and stare at me with a big smile on her face almost like I have something stuck on my face and she's laughing at me!

I love that picture with Precious and your son. It's almost like she's telling him she understands.

CrazyLeopardGeckoLady

Juvenile Dragon
Fox will eat off a paper plate on occasions, but he mostly loves his small clear bowl that's suppose to be for cooking but I use it for him
He also doesn't like to poop unless I'm there or he knows I'm coming home soon, I've been gone for the past few weekends to hang out with a friend and after the last weekend when I was gone for about 3 1/2 days of not being there and he didn't poop at all and then once I got home he let out a big poo
I even prepared my mom for that poop if he did it while I was away!