• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

UVB size

Salsa2012

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello
My tank is about four feet long, how long of a UVB tube do you think I should have? Ours seems pretty short (maybe a foot) so I'm wondering if I need to buy a larger one.
Thank you!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello
My tank is about four feet long, how long of a UVB tube do you think I should have? Ours seems pretty short (maybe a foot) so I'm wondering if I need to buy a larger one.
Thank you!
Yes a 24" w/ reflector would be good for your 4ft tank - I have two tanks of 4x2x2 and use 24" -- you can look at pangeareptiles.com but I think they were out of the ZooMeds but you can try here https://www.reptilesupplyco.com/who...84-reptisun-terrarium-hood-t5-24-zoo-med.html I am not sure how fast they are shipping out -- you could call them and ask -- you dont want a fixture the same length of the tank they need to be able to get out of the rays w/ out having to hide from them

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes a 24" w/ reflector would be good for your 4ft tank - I have two tanks of 4x2x2 and use 24" -- you can look at pangeareptiles.com but I think they were out of the ZooMeds but you can try here https://www.reptilesupplyco.com/who...84-reptisun-terrarium-hood-t5-24-zoo-med.html I am not sure how fast they are shipping out -- you could call them and ask -- you dont want a fixture the same length of the tank they need to be able to get out of the rays w/ out having to hide from them
I for got to post this bulb you will need it -- the fixture comes w/ a 5.0 bulb its not strong enough for your tank you can keep it for a back up its equivalent to a T 8

Latest posts