• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

UVB Mounting Help

xanax101202

Bearded Dragon Egg
So I’m having a bit of a problem with finding a light fixture for the Reptisun 24” 10.0 T8 UVB. We currently have the Zilla Slimline Tropical 25 UVB T8 Fluorescent Fixture mounted in there, with respective (not so good) bulb. I’ve gone to Walmart and Lowe’s countless times, but this town seems to have nothing we can use for mounting the Reptisun. I was also thinking about getting the Reptisun hood. We have a screen top on our 20gal tank and I know that the screen blocks most of the UVB, making it pretty much useless. We have a cat too, so i can’t leave the screen off and use the hood that way. This cat has a tendency to kill precious animals. Has already killed our veiled chameleon we had for a year. I’m just really stressed about finding something that works and we can do today, but make it safe. We’ve already waited too long to put the Reptisun in, and i’m worried about the health issues that come if we wait any longer. Can anyone help me figure this out? I’ve attached a picture of the current fixture we have in there.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 9

BeardedDragonDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
So, what are you trying to mount exactly?
The light housing?
Because if so you can just build up some type of wooden housing around it with some 1x1s and y have a housing unit.
No sense in paying a large amount for a hood.
Where you have it already looks good to me.

BeardedDragonDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Ah okay, I'm an idiot.
I read that wrong.
Just build a housing around the Reptisun.
If you think you can't do that, you might have to buy the hood.

Bailey

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
I use zip ties to lock my in place. Google DIYs there has got to be something out there you can do at home.

As someone who keeps multiple reptiles, you'll find ways of saving money & time and these ways are often more effective too!

TheLongfellows

Hatchling Dragon
hello xanax, hes right about zip ties easy to do. Even fishing line works really good ive done several of mine with that. The reptisun puts off more middle day levels of uvb and peak of day, As the tropicals are only gonna put off early morning lower levels rays. How close is your zilla fixture from the basking area? you want your beardie to be able to get within like 6 inches to be really doing anything for the dragon. Those analog temp guages are useless my friend believe me ive ran tests of my own they are usually a good 10 degrees off compared to your more accurate digital probe guages. If you don't have those id switch for the probes. I see you have a zoomed dual fixture what bulbs are you running up there for your 20 gal tank? do I see three fixtures?

Latest posts