• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

uvb light

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
that a good idea i think i will find me some hangers right now and figure something out right now thanks again and thank you someday im going to get a tank with front open doors then i will not have to worry about moving anything from the top i will let you know how the hangers work out thinks again for the idea

117star

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I don't undertand how a screen can hinder the UV. Glass yes as it filters the rays. But with a mesh the light still passes through unfiltered. I'm so confused now....I have mine ontop of the mesh and the actual light fixture has a screen on it as well. This is close to the one I have, mine just holds 3 incandesents instead of two. http://www.petstuffunlimited.com/browseproducts/24--Deluxe-Slider-Hood.html Any case there is a screen under the lights with the hood and then the screen on top of the tank. Should I remove the screen from the fixture and just have the tank top one?

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
the only reason fro the screen of course is to keep the animal from touching the light as long as the tank is covered i would remove the extra screen from the light. the smaller the screen, the more it fragments the uvb rays and "filters" it out. i have 1/4 in sand screen on my tanks with fixed tops but my glass tanks have the screen tops that came with them and i personally didnt have any problems. i do know that the sliding screen tops are a tighter knit screen than the ones that lay on top so i switched mine to those recently.

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
mine is the one that slides on with a little whole in it you can put a lock on it

lauren

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hey, well it looks good but in my honest opinion, I'd move it closer and get another one. That tank is big and he found his spot,, middle of cage where uv isn't really penetrating.

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
ok so i moved jessie tank around is this any better
jessie 030.jpg

lauren

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Yes bouncer36 looks better. I'd put tin foil strips on top of uv light to direct all the uv rays down. Just as wide as the fixture and the length lay on top w foil. Are the suction cups really supportive so no way the light will fall on him?

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
yes the suction cups is holding i also have two coat hanger wrap around the fixture and it hanging on the outside of tank the other is attached to my wall so if it does fall the hangers will catch it so far it has not fall the tin foil won't cach on fire will it?

lauren

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
No bouncer, the foil will not even barely get hot. just lay on top. I have one cage that has metal top on it, thick open wire holes. I have 2 uvb bulbs with a work cloth over them. I hate aquariums honestly. they annoy me . lol. but if you can make it work, which you have shown, then do it! Thanks for caring so much about your beardies health.

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
your welcome thanks for helping me he is my first and i have gotten really attached to him someone said i am oppossed with him on my days off of work im on this computer on this forum reading on here learning more i am going to go get the foil right now and put some on it

lauren

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Yep. Looks good. Being obsessed w Ur dragon is not a bad thing. They are just as important as humans. We bought them, we should maintain health. Looks good. :)

Latest posts