• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

UVB light

Cityloop

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello all.

After a few months of saying goodbye to my old dragon I'm back with an enquiry as yesterday I bought a baby dragon ☺️ He/she is waiting in the shop for one week while we arrange the space.

Which UVB light be right for this dragon? For our old dragon we used 10% (he was 10 years old), in the shop they use 6% for the baby dragon.

Online, we read 10%-12% is right.

What will be best for the baby dragon?

I enclose useful photos.

Attachments

• 20230617_105323.jpg
    20230617_105323.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 8

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello all.

After a few months of saying goodbye to my old dragon I'm back with an enquiry as yesterday I bought a baby dragon ☺️ He/she is waiting in the shop for one week while we arrange the space.

Which UVB light be right for this dragon? For our old dragon we used 10% (he was 10 years old), in the shop they use 6% for the baby dragon.

Online, we read 10%-12% is right.

What will be best for the baby dragon?

I enclose useful photos.
You want a Pro T 5 Arcadia 12% bulb - or a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 for a tank that is 40 + gallon - the placement and distance will be determined by the screen on the tank --- sorry to say but those dragons in the pet store are not getting enough UVB -- sad - also do not use the loose substrate they are using - dragons especially babies eat lick every thing --- too much risk for impaction - some textured NON adhesive shelf liner cut to the size of the tank cleaned w/ vinegar / water 50/50 is good -- need anymore help please ask --- please post the pic of the screen when you get the dragon so I can help you get the UVB placed

Latest posts