• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

UVB And Basking Lamp enough?

pinkynbrain

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
All i have is a UVB Tube and a basking lamp is that enough lighting, we leaving both on for about 10 hours. Is this right? and the time enough or to much? should the uvb be left on at all times?

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It may be. The point of the basking lamp is to get the basking spot between 100-105F for babies and 95-100F for adults.

What are your temps and what are you using to take the temp?

TheWolfmanTom

Dragon Breeder
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Look at my thread with the pictures of my cages. I have a reptisun 10 for my uvb and i use a blue 100 watt day bulb on the one side. I get temps around 105 to 110 measured with a temp gun.

BeardedBob

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Now that's hard core,a temp gun, I love it. It IS the most accurate way to measures temps, but most people don't go to that necessity for accuracy!

Latest posts