• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

UV light fell down again

Dennis Cronin

Juvenile Dragon
Darn UV light came down again in spite of heavy duty glue gun all the way around. A friend keeps their UV light on top of the screen. What do you think of that idea? This is the 18" 15w Reptisun.

mish13

Juvenile Dragon
Sorry your light wont stay up. Im in the process of rearranging my tank. Right now my UVB is on top of the screen but i want to put it inside . I dont want to glue it to the wall because when i clean my tank i take it to the bath tub or outside and hose it down . I was thinking of using a hanger , like the ones use use over the door .

Dennis Cronin

Juvenile Dragon
I started to try something like that but I couldn't figure out how to make it more secure. The pet companies don't make/sell something? Seems like this would be a common ask.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
A friend keeps their UV light on top of the screen. What do you think of that idea? This is the 18" 15w Reptisun.
It will work fine on top of the screen, if set up properly. The Basking Spot needs to be within 8-10" from the center portions bulb, the emitted UVB is quite weak towards the ends of the tube. The bulb will have to be replaced, minimum, every 6 months. It would also be a good plan to rig up a tin foil reflector behind the UVB bulb, if the fixture doesn't already have one.

Bushmaster11B

Juvenile Dragon
If you don't want it on the screen, Why not suspend it from a chain and hang it with some paper clips on the side? I used the screws on the fixture to hold the chain and I then personally screwed the chain into the ceiling. But since you have a screen, suspend it with 2 small chains. Just make sure your distances are correct like Germ said. I have the same 18" 10.0 UVB Reptisun and I wouldn't put it on any screen, no offense Germ. Why chance it with a 15w. Again suspend it or glue it with JV Weld.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Personal preference ... All of mine are also inside, unfiltered by a screen, but above the screen, as stated, WILL & has worked very well, for countless keepers since the start of the hobby, providing they are setup properly & regularly replaced at the specified intervals. No screen is the better & more cost effective option though.

ashley7988

Juvenile Dragon
I have mine inside the tank as well. I've had it that way for months now and I have it held by hot glue. It has worked very well and no signs of it falling at all.

Latest posts