• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

URGENT. Please help!

Pikafuey

Hatchling Dragon
For reference this is the care for my dragon:
-Hot side temp is 95-100. Cold side is 70
-Lives in 40 gallon tank, wide
-Has reptisun UV light above tank. Just changed bulb a few days ago
-Has basking rock & log, plus a hide if needed. Bowl of water is also in there if needed
-Diet consists of Kale, Zucchini, and cucumber (it's the only veggies he will eat. Very picky eater)
-Feeder bugs consist of Crickets, Superworms, and Dubias. All are dusted with calcium supplement before feeding
-Is currently a little over a year old. Male

Aerries

Hatchling Dragon
I came home today, and Atlas had thrown up what looks like egg yolk. Only he hasn't eaten any type of eggs, or anything remotely close to it. It had a weird hard feel, but yolky substance from it. I have pics below. What can this be? And what does it mean? What's wrong with him????

https://i.imgur.com/B1jLWo6.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/orCWMXl.jpg

I wish I could help you but I can’t find anything that describes that. I hope it’s nothing serious! [emoji26] I’m finding a lot of links that say they throw up because they couldn’t digest because of low heat and / or uvb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I would have a vet look at him, it looks like bile.

He looks young still, your basking temps are too low. They should be 107 degrees in the basking spot and about 80 degrees on the cool side during the day. It's possible he threw up because he's not digesting his food properly.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Might sound weird but that looks like a flower petal of sorts..

Pikafuey

Hatchling Dragon
So the mystery of Atlas has been solved! I took them to the vet, because I was extremely concerned. Turns out, Atlas is not male but female! The culprit? She is gravid. Very very gravid. 20+ eggs to be exact!

Even the vet was shocked to learn this when she laid an egg in the back! For some reason, her back end looks very male despite being female (no idea what that's about. Plus had several people check her over the time owning her and each thought male). So all she needs is a nice place to nest her eggs, some calcium supplements, and she should be good as new once the eggs are out! :)

I have already set up a spot full of sand for her to nest and so far she has laid three eggs! Now she is resting lol. Quite one ride of a day! Overall, I did want a male; but Atlas is Atlas and being female is perfectly fine <3

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So the mystery of Atlas has been solved! I took them to the vet, because I was extremely concerned. Turns out, Atlas is not male but female! The culprit? She is gravid. Very very gravid. 20+ eggs to be exact!

Even the vet was shocked to learn this when she laid an egg in the back! For some reason, her back end looks very male despite being female (no idea what that's about. Plus had several people check her over the time owning her and each thought male). So all she needs is a nice place to nest her eggs, some calcium supplements, and she should be good as new once the eggs are out! :)

I have already set up a spot full of sand for her to nest and so far she has laid three eggs! Now she is resting lol. Quite one ride of a day! Overall, I did want a male; but Atlas is Atlas and being female is perfectly fine <3
Oh my!! Well now ya know so well it was an egg then...glad you took her to be seen as it's important that you know as she will have infertile eggs in the future as they can have complications. And gravid females need the calcium replenished

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Pikafuey

Hatchling Dragon
Oh my!! Well now ya know so well it was an egg then...glad you took her to be seen as it's important that you know as she will have infertile eggs in the future as they can have complications. And gravid females need the calcium replenished

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yeah it was quite the shock! Lol. And yep! I have the calcium supplement on hand from the vet for the next few days. She's currently digging away in her box now as I type haha.

Aerries

Hatchling Dragon
[emoji13] that’s insane, I’m still waiting on my girl to do something.....ugh was hoping I wasn’t gonna have to deal with it [emoji13]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Did she eat the egg though? Why did she have it on her face?

Latest posts