• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

URGENT!! PLEASE HELP!! (ate a stink bug)

Beardie Lover

Juvenile Dragon
So I decided to let my bearded dragon roam, while supervised, and she ate a stink bug. I read that they could make her sick, and I don’t know what to do. I am very very scared. And the worse part is that tomorrow is my Bday. The last thing I want is for her to leave me on my Bday. Any suggestions. Please. Anything helps.

I already gave her an all natural parasite powder that I put on some superworms. I don’t know what else to do. She isn’t showing any signs of sickness yet, and she ate it about an hour ago.

I am REALLY scared. She is my baby. Please.

also, here is what I gave her.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 9

Vic and Mars

Juvenile Dragon
You could take her to the vet if needed to check for parasites and get recommendations for medicine. I wouldn't panic just yet, their tummies can be pretty resilient. Soak her to encourage bowel movement so she can get it out faster. I don't know too much about this, so you can do research or get advice from a more knowledgeable member on here like Sadie. Best of luck for you and your baby

Beardie Lover

Juvenile Dragon
I have no way of getting to a vet. I am not too worried about parasites. She only ate one stink bug. Reading your suggestion made me much calmer. Thank you so much. I would love if I could get Sadie’s opinion. I can’t thank you enough. My beardie is basking normally, and isn’t looking ill. I already have a natural parasite medication that I will dust on her food. I will also soak her. Tysm.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have no way of getting to a vet. I am not too worried about parasites. She only ate one stink bug. Reading your suggestion made me much calmer. Thank you so much. I would love if I could get Sadie’s opinion. I can’t thank you enough. My beardie is basking normally, and isn’t looking ill. I already have a natural parasite medication that I will dust on her food. I will also soak her. Tysm.
if she does not have a black beard then I wouldnt worry too much about her--- she would of immediately gone into some sort of reaction w/ a black beard --- just make sure you watch her when she is out -- they are quick and eat stuff they should not ---- to air on the side of caution I would get some activated charcoal to keep on hand when stuff like this happens - then you can immediately give it to her -- there are some natural herbs you can mix up as as well I am trying to get exactly what those are -- they are also used to absorb the toxins --

Beardie Lover

Juvenile Dragon
Funny you say that because when my stomach hurts I take activated charcoal. She is acting normal and doesn’t have a black beard. Tysm for your feedback. I really appreciate it.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Funny you say that because when my stomach hurts I take activated charcoal. She is acting normal and doesn’t have a black beard. Tysm for your feedback. I really appreciate it.
How is your dragon doing now?

Beardie Lover

Juvenile Dragon
Update:

Pooped today and is acting normal. She is acting so healthy that she is glass surfing. :) she was a little groggy last night, but otherwise completely normal!! Thank you so much for all the help!!

Latest posts