• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Urates but no poo?

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Both YoYo and Princess have both passed urate with no poo a couple of times now. Is this normal?

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Did they recently come out of brumation? I had 1 of my dragons do this for about 2 weeks after coming out of brumation (has stopped now) and I spoke with a few other folks that have dragons that do this after coming out of brumation as well. Other than that I have no information.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
As Brian said, its common after brumation. But can happen at other times, just as they can deficate without urates. Just keep your eye on them, it should not be a multiple repeated occurance without the sign of feces.

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
no burmation but the temps did go a little lower over the winter. Princess is pooing a little bit but it's mostly liquid. Yoyo did have a good poop yesterday. I'll soak them both when I get out of work and see if that helps.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Just feed em.. fluids means they are hydrated.. no poo, which is common, means no food..
Hope that helps out !
Janie

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Yoyo ate about 15 roaches yesterday, Princess about 10. Yoyo passed urate this mornign but no poo. Just gave him a soak so we'll check on things when I get home form work.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Okay... If no poo later today.. we might wanna take a closer look at everything again..
Janie

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I guess something to keep in mind as you observe them closely is that you've recently changed their environments. I don't think they've been eating right for a couple of days. It seems like they are getting settled into their new homes.

Like everyone said, watch them closely, but it is most likely the results of all the recent changes.

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Both passed poo today tho not as much as I think they should have. It was solid and well formed tho. I'll keep watching them.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hard and crunchy or soft well formed ?
If it's the former.. fecal time..
Hang in there, Corrine.. we'll get through this..
Janie

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
It was soft and well formed. Normal looking poo just not a whole lot of it. Should I continue with protiens or just veggies? Maybe Yoyo's just changing his poop schedule? They do that as they get older,correct? He's begining to act like his normal sweet self again. He hasn't really eaten much veggies but he LOVES roaches. He climbs right into the bowl to get them. I think he may be getting sick of the collards but I don't really have much of an option when it comes to veggies. All the local walmart has is collard, kale, mustards(sometimes), and turnip greens(sometimes).

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I think Yoyo'a atarting to get settled and back to normal. He's no longer cage dancing. He got up this morning to bask and he ate his salad along with 15 roaches. He pooped today too. This is a pic of his poo (gross sorry :D) Is it normal looking?

DSCF1536.jpg

fergie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
We've seen this a few times after brumation, after eating for a week, there it was! Glorious poop. The digestive system for whatever reason takes about a week - 10 days worst to re-set itself. If it has been longer then something is wrong.

I hope all is well and your beardie is ok!

best,

Latest posts