• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Updated blue tongue skink pics

donprec

Juvenile Dragon
I thought I'd share some pictures and updates on my blue tongue skinks.
Duma joined the family 3 months ago. He was not in good shape but I was determined to bring him home and try to get him healthy. He's been treated for parasites (also got bloodwork done for something I was worried about but now has a clean bill of health), gained almost 400 grams, and is a beautiful pumpkin color now. They told me he was wild caught but he is just the sweetest, calmest little baby...his personality is amazing! When you open up the door to his cage, he climbs right up on your hand onto your shoulder. We were really lucky to come across this baby.
2n1t92s.jpg

This was the day we brought him home
2427x5h.jpg

Another earlier pic
64026u.jpg

More recent pic of him
2zykhh2.jpg

Being a goofball
2hy864g.jpg

My favorite pic of him
javu5g.jpg

He did a shed over the weekend and the way it separated made him look like he has Mickey Mouse ears, lol

And of course, I'd have to show off my older one. Tequilo turns a year next month. When we first got him, he was 10 inches total and 80 grams. He is now 800 grams and almost 26 inches. He was shy and scaredy the first couple months but turned into the biggest mush! While Precious has her bond with my son, Tequilo is my big baby Mush. He doesn't really care to be bothered by anyone else but he does love mom.
4qrafk.jpg

2usk9vk.jpg

He found my purse and took over it, stayed in there for an hour!
k5lyp.jpg

The skinks sleep with their little arm tuck just like the beardeds
j9831v.jpg

He tried to climb up instead of using the ramp and got stuck hanging for a few moments, lol. He started getting huffy when I was laughing at him so I finally helped him!
1zd3b6t.jpg

He has the cutest habit that just tickles me. In between patrolling the room, he always comes over and sits on my foot and just looks up at me. He'll go about his business again but always comes back to lay on my foot again
x4r6h.jpg

Showing off his tongue

And I had to throw in this one, just took it the other day. I think this has got to be the cutest pic of Precious ever:
1zfu0ls.jpg

Could she look any more angelic?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
OMG, they are gorgeous! I can't believe how big Tequilo has gotten. Precious looks like she's up to no good ;)

donprec

Juvenile Dragon
Thank you for the compliment!
I originally thought Precious looked angelic but I suppose there could be a devious look in her face too, lol. I just always refer to Precious as the Angel, Tequilo as the Mush and Duma as the Sweetheart...that sums up my little family.
Apparently the skinks keep growing for 2 years. Tequilo's weight gain has definitely slowed down and he doesn't shed as much anymore. I think he's now pretty much about what the size meraukes will be. There are other blue tongue varieties that can get to be 1000+ grams!
I've cut down on how much I feed him, although he still eats more than he should...and looks like a sausage with legs lol. He walks around like a vacuum trying to suck up any crumbs he can find. There is nothing I've offered him that he won't gobble up, he even grabbed a piece of pumpkin bread the other day before I could get it away from him! One time, I was chewing gum and he knew I was chewing and figured I must have food in my hand so he kept trying to climb up my leg to get to my hand. He was so persistent, I finally showed him the gum and told him I don't have any food right now. He actually wanted to take the chewed up gum from me lol! He's so silly.

MetalicPheonix

Juvenile Dragon
The 6 picture he like "sup brah where my insect I ask for". But awesome i love skink p.s I think they grow almost the same as a beardie dragon for a while they get bigger

Latest posts