• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Undigested food in my beardie's poop.

AdamFF

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello. So today my beardie pooped and there were full BSFL still in there. What could be causing this and is it urgent? It looks like he didn't even chew them. :confused:

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello. So today my beardie pooped and there were full BSFL still in there. What could be causing this and is it urgent? It looks like he didn't even chew them. :confused:
Very common - please feed little at a time- try putting them on his salads- few at a time like 5- they will gobble them down w/out chewing them - make sure your surface basking temps are being taken w/ a digital probe thermometer- babies 105-110 -- adults / juvies 6 months or older 95-100-- if those temps are correct he is eating them too fast but you do want to rule that out-- what are you using for a uvb? Coil or a long tube fixture--

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I was mainly worried about them not being digested.
Yes but it's the basking temps as well that's what starts digestion the uvb is what helps him absorb/ synthesize the calcium he's eating - your uvb is on top of screen or inside the tank? The screen will determine where it's placed and distanced

Latest posts