• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Underweigh, Short Adult Beardie

Zukarin

Hatchling Dragon
I got a beardie in January. He was 7 inches, so I figured he was probably 2 months old. Now, 10 months later, he's only 15 inches and 200 grams. I've never owned any type of lizard before, so I probably messed up his diet. Now that I know he should be full grown, I'm worried about him.
I'll be going to a vet in a week for a wellness check up where I'll be telling the vet all of this, but I'd like some other people's input beforehand.

Is there something I can do to get him to a healthier size, or is it too late now that he's a year? And how may this affect his health long term?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I got a beardie in January. He was 7 inches, so I figured he was probably 2 months old. Now, 10 months later, he's only 15 inches and 200 grams. I've never owned any type of lizard before, so I probably messed up his diet. Now that I know he should be full grown, I'm worried about him.
I'll be going to a vet in a week for a wellness check up where I'll be telling the vet all of this, but I'd like some other people's input beforehand.

Is there something I can do to get him to a healthier size, or is it too late now that he's a year? And how may this affect his health long term?
Correct basking temps and UVB are the two most important things in the tank --- temps need to be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer NO stick ons they are inaccurate and NO coils for UVB ---- it sounds like hes doing good -- he will grow at his own rate --- if you have a good diet for him and the correct lighting he will be healthy and continue to grow -- they usually grow to around 18-22 inches -- depends on genetics as well --

Latest posts