• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Uhh... bumblebees? (help D:)

valkryja

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I decided to take Loki outside today, and what's the first thing he does? He dashes out of my hand, runs across the yard, jumps up in the air and catches a bumblebee. This is one of those bright yellow fuzzy honeybees that don't have stingers, so I don't think that would've hurt him. I quickly Googled it and found some forum posts saying that the bee isn't poisonous, but I'm still kind of nervous and would like reassurance from you guys. He's such trouble!

(I'll post pictures of our outing if he doesn't die from bee poison or anything :( )

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I agree with Sandra. I think you are fine if it is the non-queen bumblebee. I think the males and queen have stingers. But check with your vet.

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I don't think bumblebees bite and as far as I know they aren't poisonous.
I would keep an eye on him. Give him a good soak in the tub to help him digest it.

Always important while you are outside to have a beardie on a leash if they aren't in a cage. I have heard horror stories of beardies getting away. They can run very fast when they want to. They disappear pretty fast into bushes.

valkryja

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Yeah, I know :\ I don't have one of those (and probably won't buy him one until he's grown up), but he was in an enclosed yard and my boyfriend and I both had our eyes on him. He was very good besides for the bee incident. :p

Latest posts