• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Ughhhh stupid noob mistake...

ashley7988

Juvenile Dragon
So I slid the screen over to get Draco out this morning... Gave him a nice bath and let him hang out with me for a little while.. I tried to put him back into his enclosure and he ran up my arm... Guess he wanted to keep hanging out! So of course I let him stay on my arm and when I finally got him to go back into his enclosure I go to close the screen and realize the heat lamp melted some of the plastic from the side onto the screen :eek: Most of it stuck to the light (Its a floodlight) so I was able to wipe most of it off there and now about every 10 minutes I clean off the bulb since its still melting onto the bulb (don't worry, none of it is melting and falling into the enclosure)

I'm so mad... and feel really dumb... At least now when I take him out I'll remember to close the screen so the light isn't sitting pretty much right on the plastic... ughhhh

Dragon Lady

Hatchling Dragon
LOL I did the same thing!!!

*~*~*~ Love always bring difficulties, that is true, but the good side of it is that it gives energy ~*~*~*
-Vincent Van Gogh-

ashley7988

Juvenile Dragon
I melted a big chunk =P I didn't even notice it until I closed the screen and saw a big black glob of string from the side to the heat light =P

Ozzie&Dino

Juvenile Dragon
I replaced my screen on Keena's Exo terra with a all metal screen and Dino has always had an all metal screen top. I got them at Petco and they are not cheap but I am notorious for burning stuff :(

ashley7988

Juvenile Dragon
I got a stand for the light now so no more mistakes! You can't really tell when the top is on, but when you take the top off you see this big weird melted spot :oops: I tried to clean it up before my boyfriend got home and saw it but that was a total fail...

Ozzie&Dino

Juvenile Dragon
Oh I have the stands too but to get correct temps I move the arm up and down and when I take them out ( Dino because he is in a 40 gallon breeder tank) I have to lift him from the top of the tank and swing the arm around to the side and that still melted a little spot with the arm up away from the plastic. So thats when I went all metal screen top. Keena's is exo terra so it has the open glass doors from the front but I got parinoid from my first issue with Dino's habitat so I got her a metal top also and it fit perfectly. I have a history of starting fires and it has to do with my age and my memory LOL...

ashley7988

Juvenile Dragon
It happens to the best of us! haha I have a bad habit of leaving things where they don't belong... Needless to say I think I learned my lesson about just how hot that light really gets and before I got the stand I didn't forget about it again! So no more melting things for now! The actual screen on Draco's viv is metal but the rim on it and the rim on the viv is plastic.. Its okay though, no fires =) My boyfriend would probably murder me if I started a fire! lol

Latest posts