• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Two story enclosure?

grumboli

Bearded Dragon Egg
I was thinking about transform my turtle's old (cleaned) tank into a tank for my bearded dragon. The tank is 20 gallons long. I know beardies aren't arboreal or anything but I wanted to maximize room in the tank. my guy is apparently 2 years old and about 7-8 inches long, so from what the previous owner has told me he is not getting any bigger due to poor care while he was a juvenile. Do you guys think I could put some pieces of plywood up with silicone to make a second story of the tank and include a little ladder, like the ones you see for rodents? Would a ramp be better? Would my dragon be likely to use it? Any ideas on how to make things easy in terms of maintenance on the first and second floor? Thanks!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
If the tank is tall enough go for it! Both my dragons love to be up high in their tank. My almost 2 year old girl has a rock ledge that is about 4 inches from her UVB and a make shift ramp to get to it and that's her favorite place to be!

Latest posts