• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Two Pieces of Good News

Red Ink AUS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Pogie said:
Cool more bikers.

As most of you know my husband totalled his bike in May, well since then the insurance has paid out and he got THIS ONE.
A Triumph Daytona 675. Really cool and really fast.
Will get a better daytime pic over the weekend and post

GerritsBike.jpg

Havvving reaaaly hard tiiiime tyyyyypinng witthhhhhhhh botttttons on key booooard getttting sstuck frommmm drrrooooolllllllllllll NICE BIKLE

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanx for the compliments Craig & Justus. It is really FASt. Fastest we have gone together was 230 Km/h, then I cant grip anymore and start to slide off (think the torque is too much for me). Last weekend the "guys" in the club went to a day jol to watch rugby on the big screen TV at a bikers bar, and my husband and the club president decided to "play" as they put it and got to 290Km/h "for the fun of it" also hasnt red lined yet.

Lisa, nowadays you get the helmet with the "SHADES" built in . . . . LOL How old is your husband? Over here the bikers ages vary from 18 yrs to 65 yrs. The (how can I put it) older guys tend to prefer the cruisers and harley bikes. Then they put on these head wraps or wear those "pee pot" helmets. Soooooo funny. Will try to get a snap at the next day jol or rally.

Yeah Francis, my husband did the drooly thingy too while we were browsing around waiting for the insurance to pay out too

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Dean is 52...but a very good looking in shape 52 year old. He can pull it off. But you are right normally the older guys to ride the cruisers. He has ridden all kinds of bikes...think this is a phase, we'll see.

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
LOL..looks like fun. When will you actually take a ride?

Justus85

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Already did. That thing is soo quick you'd be surprised and as you can hear sounds awesome, especially for stock.

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That's great...be careful though!

Harley D

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Nice bike !!

Oh the many roads you will travel...enjoy and be safe !

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Forward controls, lowering kit, vance and hines shorty pipes, and T-bar handlebars or drag bars and she will be sexy lol

Justus85

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
those pipes are surprisingly loud for stock lemme tell ya. That bike is louder than most of the bigger models you see goin down the road. I wonder if a previous owner modded it some. Yea I like Vance and Hines, very nice aftermarket pipes.

Justus85

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Yea it is. But I'd like to eventually upgrade it to 1200. First I am going to get a forward control kit. The mid controls are on the short side for my long legs so stop and go traffic sucks right now. I try to avoid roads with many intersections so I can just get up in high gear and cruise with my feet on the forward pegs.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I thought so. A friend of mine let me borrow his 883 a few years ago. I didn't realize they were as small as they are. My Dad took a pic while on the ride....and when I posted it, I realized just how big it made me look on it. Granted, I'm 6'3"....it's not a big man's bike.

883.jpg

Justus85

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Yea it isn't the largest, a lot of guys like their bikes the bigger the better. I'm not too much shorter, I'm right around 6'2". But what I have found is it is a more responsive bike and better at maneuvering.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Justus85 said:
But what I have found is it is a more responsive bike and better at maneuvering.

That's cool! If you're comfortable on it, it doesn't matter what others think. Personally, it was just a bit too small for me....and I was hurting a LOT after the 4 hour ride that day.

Notice there are forward controls on the one I was riding? That'll give you an idea for how they'll look on yours.

Justus85

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Call me crazy but from the photo this bike looks as if it sits lower to the ground than mine. Be that the case I'd definitely see it being uncomfortable for somebody standing at 6'3". Keep in mind there are a few different models of 883 Sportster, that looks like a Low to me. Mine is an XXL which gives more space between the seat and pegs.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Justus85 said:
Call me crazy but from the photo this bike looks as if it sits lower to the ground than mine. Be that the case I'd definitely see it being uncomfortable for somebody standing at 6'3". Keep in mind there are a few different models of 883 Sportster, that looks like a Low to me. Mine is an XXL which gives more space between the seat and pegs.

Could also be my 250lb butt compressing the suspension. LOL!

Didn't realize there were different models (not a big Harley fan). Good to know, though.

Justus85

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Yea a bike is like an extension of your personality. So everybody has different tastes. I only have any interest in Indian or Harley Davidson motorcycles. Indian is just all around to pricey even compared to Harley because they are more or less custom ordered and I can only imagine what it takes to get those serviced under guaranty. I just love the history behind the bike, the look, feel, and sound. A lot of people say they can recreate the Harley sound with an after-market pipe but I respectfully disagree. You may be thing "but Justus not all Harleys sound the same". This is true. But they all have a basic throaty exhaust that always tapers into a certain kind of rhythm that I have never seen a Japanese bike able to duplicate. One thing I like soo much about Sportster is that it's a retro bike. It is the longest consecutively produced model of any vehicle in the United States. You can look it up if you don't believe me. But yea thats my little diatribe about why I'm a Harley nut.

Latest posts