• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Twins

Sandra Hirst

Bearded Dragon Egg
We all wait in anticipation for our clutches to hatch. I got an adult female rescue in and a few days later whilst basking out in the sun, she decided to dig. By the time I went to fetch the beardies to bring them indoors it was too late to stop her and i left her to finish her business. I gathered the eggs after bathing & feeding her and placed them in the incubator. 13 eggs total of which 7 withered & turned yellow in the early stages. I removed them as they went 'bad' & placed them in another holder but knew it was a futile exercise. Anyway yesterday 5 eggs hatched and the oblong one that was a lot longer than the others did not hatch. This morning there were 7 hatchlings (much to our surprise needless to say) from the 6 eggs.
This is a first for me. The last one to crawl out is really tiny so hopefully the little one makes it through these early stages and grows normally. Thought I would share our family's delight in seeing twin beardies for the first time ever.

Latest posts