• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Troubling? (spots under tail)

Uziestbean

Hatchling Dragon
6C7DD44A-0D62-4416-96B4-A723907D38FA.jpeg

She’s a girl.. from what the reptile store said but those dots are those clogged? Or anything concerning? She doesn’t have sand. She has carpet

Uziestbean

Hatchling Dragon
Another photo of anyone could tell.

Attachments

• CAA5C760-FFE1-453B-9236-041C7FF69921.jpeg
    CAA5C760-FFE1-453B-9236-041C7FF69921.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 18

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
can u post more pictures of his pores? I dont want to recomend you take care of them yourselves(cause i dont know your skill and materials) but its not hard to help him relives his pores, theres gonna be a hard cap , a rock, some liquid(smelly,bad,) , possibly a little blood(if they are clogged) i cant tell from your pics ,oh! and a very angry dragon after, he may not eat from you for a week, you might want a vet to do it cause youll be “saving” him by taking him home after,

Uziestbean

Hatchling Dragon
can u post more pictures of his pores? I dont want to recomend you take care of them yourselves(cause i dont know your skill and materials) but its not hard to help him relives his pores, theres gonna be a hard cap , a rock, some liquid(smelly,bad,) , possibly a little blood(if they are clogged) i cant tell from your pics ,oh! and a very angry dragon after, he may not eat from you for a week, you might want a vet to do it cause youll be “saving” him by taking him home after,
I have left home for work but I will send them once I’m back later.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The pores dont look to bad -- you can soak her in some weak betadine solution in the bath - make it look like tea - 15 minutes that will soften them up you might want to do it a couple of times per week - Hiccups were clogged and he had some smell to him his were leaking its getting close to mating season and goes nuts surfing his tank every year around this time --- as long as you have some rough surface like rock or basking decor that they rub on or can rub them on it will keep them open --- this is what was recommended to me by a reptile vet tech - you can also take a soft tooth brush and brush them after the bath to loosen the stuff up or she told me I could use a pair of tweezers and pull the stuff out but I opted out of doing that --

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
One of my rescues came to me with really bad clogged pores, what you can try doing is giving him an extra long soak, around 20-30 minutes. Than with a infant toothbrush, scrub his pores. you should do this daily for about a week and see if there are any changes. You can try to push it out a little with tweezers but if they aren't budging of if he's squirming away from it stop right away. And never squeeze them! It can cause an infection and bring a lot of pain to your beardie.

Latest posts