• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

treat bugs?

Bluesky1019

Juvenile Dragon
My beardie is 2 years old and he is doing pretty good! my only concern is his eating. He's never been a big eater because hes always been a bit smaller but as he got older, he seemed to have more of an appetite (ik its usably the opposite). On top of that, hes a pretty picky eater. He likes salads but can never seem to finish all of it. Also, the only bugs he eats are silkworms, super worms, and a few wax worms. I heard that these are only for treats but that's all he will eat. Ive tried dubia, BSFl, crickets etc. He HATES all of those and I have spend over $100 trying to convince him to eat. is it ok to only feed him the bugs hes eating now or will he get health issues if his diet is not changed?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My beardie is 2 years old and he is doing pretty good! my only concern is his eating. He's never been a big eater because hes always been a bit smaller but as he got older, he seemed to have more of an appetite (ik its usably the opposite). On top of that, hes a pretty picky eater. He likes salads but can never seem to finish all of it. Also, the only bugs he eats are silkworms, super worms, and a few wax worms. I heard that these are only for treats but that's all he will eat. Ive tried dubia, BSFl, crickets etc. He HATES all of those and I have spend over $100 trying to convince him to eat. is it ok to only feed him the bugs hes eating now or will he get health issues if his diet is not changed?
The silks are a good staple feeder so don't stress- supers are good 3 times a week for a treat + try some horn worms too they are a good hydrating worm but grow very fast - a good place for those are www.dubiaroaches.com

Bostonfinest

Juvenile Dragon
Silkworms is a staple, but Superworms and Wax Worms is a treat.

Latest posts