• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Travel tank setup?

Trekkiegoat

Bearded Dragon Egg
I'm wanting to take a little weekend road trip in a couple weeks, and was wondering if anyone had any good tutorials or ideas for an easy travel tank for dragons. I've heard of people using Rubbermaid tubs, but I'm worried the basking bulb would make the plastic melt. Has anyone successfully traveled with their dragon?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
No rubber maid tubs -- you can get a plastic tote like a 50-60 gallon tote from Walmart but you must be sure you watch the basking bulb and temps -- it can clip on the side but for best best I would see if you can find a screen to sit on top -- your going to need to test basking temps in the tote -- so you have the correct temps in it --- if she is outside most of the time w/ you you wouldnt need to bring a long a UVB shes gonna get some good rays outside from the sun - a few hrs a day would suffice -- take a digital probe thermometer for those temps so you can keep an eye on them and then pack cleaning stuff for the car if she goes poop in the car etc --- and then your food etc --- I have never taken the dragons over nite but back and forth to the vet - they go in a carrier w/ mesh sides and open on the top for travel - looks similar to this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TV73DP7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Latest posts