• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Travel Lights

ChefRowan88

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey everyone.

I couldn't find the right place to post this, so I thought I'd just post here.

Im planning to take my beardie on a trip, but I'm wondering if someone can point me in the direction for portable basking or uvb lights. Ideally something that won't melt the carrier he will be in? Is there anything like that? Maybe something that could run off of a portable charger battery?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey everyone.

I couldn't find the right place to post this, so I thought I'd just post here.

Im planning to take my beardie on a trip, but I'm wondering if someone can point me in the direction for portable basking or uvb lights. Ideally something that won't melt the carrier he will be in? Is there anything like that? Maybe something that could run off of a portable charger battery?
Let me get you some help on this

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Let me get you some help on this
I heard back he is some help
I usually travel with an adjustable stand, dome fixture, and MVB. The MVB can be subbed out with a regular halogen or incandescent bulb for just heat if the trip is short and/or there is some time outside in natural sunlight. It's helpful to keep a temp gun or thermometer on hand to measure surface temps after setting up since the temps will change quite a bit more between setups than they would at home.

ChefRowan88

Bearded Dragon Egg
Okay awesome thanks. Although I was hoping for a fixture that can be plugged into a portable charger. As we won't be in a vehicle with a cigarette lighter port. Tried looking online. But having no such luck in this department

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Okay awesome thanks. Although I was hoping for a fixture that can be plugged into a portable charger. As we won't be in a vehicle with a cigarette lighter port. Tried looking online. But having no such luck in this department
Sorry sounds like you need something for like camping