• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tongue Action

AdamF

Hatchling Dragon
Our newly added 4 month old will occasionally use it's tongue as if 'tasting' the hand or object in front of it. Did this several times when first introduced to our dog. Is using the tongue a method form assessing it's surroundings? In case you are wondering, dog encounter went very well, do gaping or beard showing from dragon, and dog was fine.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Our newly added 4 month old will occasionally use it's tongue as if 'tasting' the hand or object in front of it. Did this several times when first introduced to our dog. Is using the tongue a method form assessing it's surroundings? In case you are wondering, dog encounter went very well, do gaping or beard showing from dragon, and dog was fine.
yes they are tasking you and affirming who you are ---- my dragons do it all the time when I first put my hand in the tank --- they lick

Latest posts