• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tokay Geckos anyone knowledgeable?

Mackaylinn

Bearded Dragon Egg
Here's my situation. I'm more a tarantula girl (I have them down pretty well.) but my boyfriend has hordes of Geckos and Beardies. Recently @ a Repticon show he thought it would be a good idea to try his had @ Tokay's. He bought three and we have just one remaining. Guess he's not doing so great.... :/
They're kept in a room that's at about 80 or so due to all the heat lights he has for his various dragons and other Geckos. They (and by they I now mean he) have a massive Exotera they live in with Eco Earth for the bedding. Plenty of vines in there even though they only affix themselves to the walls. I try and get in there and mist the tank once in the afternoon when I get up. They get crickets daily... Although if there are still some in there when I go to add more I move on to the next tank and feed whoever is next. So I'm wondering what I and by I really mean he is doing wrong?
Any help would be great.
Thanks,
Liz

gilliesexotics

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi, most tokays are wild caught and require extra care. A fecal and proper hydration is a must.

Its best to house them in their own enclosure, provide proper humidity, spray the glass and leaves three times a day, etc. There are many care sheets on the web. Good luck with your guy.

Latest posts