• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Today, a horn worm bit my beardie!

RhaegalBeadrie

Bearded Dragon Egg
I went to pet smart to go buy some food for my mantis and beardie, when I saw boxes of individual horn worms. I thought this was a good idea for a treat. I set the worm in his cage and he got bit by the horn worm. I guess they have mandibles? Are there any ways to feed him a horn worm without him getting bit?

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i cant help ya with this one - my local stores dont have hornworms so i've never tried them - someone will chime in!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
It's very rare for the hornworm to bite your beardie but it is possible. I gave my chameleon a big hornworm once and he was choking on it and when pulled it out of his mouth I realized that it had grabbed on to his lip with the little legs by his back end and Bumble couldn't get it to let go. When you feed your beardie a hornworm feed it to him head first so that he squashes the head first.

Latest posts