• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tips on how to breed and raise crickets?

Impawsible_Squad

Juvenile Dragon
Hello!

I have tried a few times to breed crickets in order to add more variety to my beardie and my anoles' diets, but I can't seem to keep the adults or babies alive for long.

The adults live in a medium sized tub (I can post measurements soon, only 100-200 usually live in there) with plenty of ventilation. The temps range from 78-83 degrees daily and at night their temps are 72-76 degrees. Their only moisture comes from their veggies and egg laying containers, since I read that any extra moisture can spread disease and kill crickets. Any dead crickets I see are removed asap. They all die in 2 weeks

After hatching, the babies are kept in a smaller container until they grow up. I give them more moisture than the adults but other than that they're kept the same. They always die in a few days.

What am I doing wrong?

Latest posts