• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

time to move to online chatting

Spikeleebd

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
i think that bearded dragon forum should add an online chatting section. it should have different sections such as the usual sections but users would be able to converse online with other users about their bearded dragon topics and talk to each other like yahoo or facebook messenging if you get my drift.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Personally, I disagree.

1 - If more personal conversations are desired, the forum already has that capability, multiple participants can be added & new message alerts are quite prominent.
2 - May take away from the simplicity of the Forum that attracts so many, in as it would add more clutter for the same end purpose & more load on the server.
3 - Posts are answered fairly quickly as Members sign in, more quickly than they would be in a chat because they can be seen immediately on login & as they are posted, by everyone, not just the few members in the chat.
4 - Would be very difficult, if not impossible to moderate content, language & keep civil.
5 - Queries disappear quickly as replies are added, losing the original question from a new login.
6 - Multiple queries & replies all jumbled together can create real confusion & very easily side tracked.
7 - Have seen/used it on other Forums, the novelty wears off very quickly, then is rarely used.
8 - Users get P'd off because they post a question & there is not always someone there to answer it or can answer it.
9 - Comments get misunderstood & there is usually no way to go back to check what was actually said.

Just my opinion, the Admin makes the decisions.

Em Lynch

Juvenile Dragon
a lot of thought has gone into this, and although it seems like a good suggestion you have to do a list of pros and cons. Imagine if everybody got their answers from a chat room then the forum wouldn't serve much of a purpose as people wouldn't post. The information they get in answer to their question may also be inaccurate but because their isn't a group opinion on the matter things could get ugly!
Also, whenever i'm online (which is quite often) there is normally only 2-3 members and 60-70 guests. Imagine if the guests had access to a chat box, that would be virtually impossible to MOD

Pat B

Super Moderator
Personally, I disagree.

1 - If more personal conversations are desired, the forum already has that capability, multiple participants can be added & new message alerts are quite prominent.
2 - May take away from the simplicity of the Forum that attracts so many, in as it would add more clutter for the same end purpose & more load on the server.
3 - Posts are answered fairly quickly as Members sign in, more quickly than they would be in a chat because they can be seen immediately on login & as they are posted, by everyone, not just the few members in the chat.
4 - Would be very difficult, if not impossible to moderate content, language & keep civil.
5 - Queries disappear quickly as replies are added, losing the original question from a new login.
6 - Multiple queries & replies all jumbled together can create real confusion & very easily side tracked.
7 - Have seen/used it on other Forums, the novelty wears off very quickly, then is rarely used.
8 - Users get P'd off because they post a question & there is not always someone there to answer it or can answer it.
9 - Comments get misunderstood & there is usually no way to go back to check what was actually said.

Just my opinion, the Admin makes the decisions.
I like it the way it is....

Latest posts