• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Thoughts on feeding daily

naich

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
i am aware that for an adult protien 2 to three times a week all they can eat in 10 mins or so is customary. But what if you were to feed them daily just with smaller amounts. for example...

Monday-50 small roaches
Tuesday-nothing
Wendsday-20 silkworms
Thursday-nothing
Friday- 50 small roaches
saterday- nothing
Sunday-nothing
saladas made daily...

But what if you did this instead
Monday-20 roaches
Tuesday-20 raoches
wendsday- 10 silkworms
thursday- 10 silkworms
Friday-20 roaches
saterday- 20 roaches
sunday-20 roaches

now this is a 4 year old male that 24 inches, he eats alot. (amounts of roaches/crix/supers/silks/ect.. can vary) would it be better for their smaller bodies to eat less and more often than alot and everyother day or so? has anyone ever tried this, just curious?

Dragonsx6

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I feed mine fresh Greens and a little live food everyday. A few crickets/worms/locusts each per day depending on whst I have bought. I trie to keep it varied for them as you know even we get fed up with the same thing all the time so they must too. Everyone has different ways of feeding tho, I do it this way as all mine were very underweight and not fed properly when we got them so it is just a routine we got into to build them back up and as we have 6 of different ages (3 years to 10months) the younger ones still need it everyday anyway and the older ones just go crazy when they see the live food coming out it wouldnt be fair on them :)
This is just my own routine, you will soon develop your own.

naich

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
oh i have a feeding scedual all played out, i have had him for 4 years. i was just wondering what everyones thoughts were or if anyone has attempted smaller daily feeding over larger less frequent feedings.

Luthien

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
My boy gets greens daily, treats once a week like blueberries or other fruit and protein in small amounts every day. He seems to be doing just fine and is happy and healthy. I think they say only feed protein every so often because people tend to over feed their bearded dragons.

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Greens daily, protien every other day. Calcium & vitamins 3 times a week.

Latest posts