• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

thinking about trading or selling baby beardie local if possible, any breeders in Maine?

Jaime

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
My baby beardie is so insane lately I cant even handle him...we started off great, a little skittish but now its imposible, he pretty much hurts himself to get away, Im the only one to have handled him since i bought him, ive always been very gentle...his skittishness is at an all time high, theres no reflection anymore because ive used paper towels til his background comes in to stop reflection but it hasnt helped...now he just uses the paper towels to his advantage to climb away from me. Im really new to these guys and although Ive learned a lot im very discouraged..he even went to bite me today. Although I really like him Ive realized I made a mistake buying from a pet store and buying before finishing my research...it seems to me from what i read most breeders handle their babys a lot and they tend to be calm and friendly...I dont know if there are any breeders in the area that would be interested in such a trade? My baby is healthy, eating fine now and a good size. I would be willing to pay the difference for a breeder dragon (i know there a bit more as far as cost) im not sure if mine is male or female. If no ones interested I may need to put him into the adopt a pet program where I got him (petco) because this is just frustrating and not fun for either of us, things should be getting better by now but not worse.

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I think you just exspecting to much to soon. Give it a cpl months im sure it will change

Jaime

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
It just really sucks because at first he was skittish, but about a week later he would just lay there and let me pick him up, i awlays scooped from the side very slowly and gently and and patted him while he was in my hand, no problems, but now he has no interest, like ive wronged him or something, he bolts as fast as he can, runs up his walls, freaks right out and goes bananas, now biting? What do I do? Do I keep trying til I get him so that I win the battle? Or let him be til he calms down again? I must be doing something wrong.

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
id be more deliberate and just grab him. If you creep in on a snake chances are good he will bite you if you reach in and just grab him your normally ok. Dragons seem to be simular. Being that gental just gives him time to react. Imagine if some the size of a sky skaper reached down an grabbed you, you would freek a bit too. It will get better with age. I have some that do the same thing. somedays but as they age it stops.

sillydylan

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
same thing happened to me just keep handling it and he/she will turn out okay

Jaime

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Ajandj- today was the first day he seemed aggressive, he only tried to nip when he was freaking out and I kept trying to grab him which I failed because he was determined to break a leg, but I didn't hear a hiss, no black beard, but his tail turned bright white.

Jaime

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Ajandj- today was the first day he seemed aggressive, he only tried to nip when he was freaking out and I kept trying to grab him which I failed because he was determined to break a leg, but I didn't hear a hiss, no black beard, but his tail turned bright white.

Jaime

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hey guys...how about shedding? Ive noticed a few pieces of skin on his repti carpet...could this be part of his sudden attitude?

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
could be. Yoda gets a little grumpy when he sheds. He's just finished and it took like 6 days or so

Latest posts