• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Thermostat with PVC enclosure

BeardieDaddio

Bearded Dragon Egg
My beardie outgrew his 40 gallon tank so I recently purchased a 120 gallon 4’X2’X2’ PVC tank to transfer him over. This will also be the first time I install the basking lamp and deep heat projector inside the tank vs above a mesh screen. I bought two dimming thermostats to connect an Arcadia 50w dimmable halogen light for basking and the other thermostat is connected to an Arcadia deep heat projector. My question as silly as it sounds is do I also need to buy thermometers to monitor the tank? Or are the probes that connect to the thermostat enough. It would seem like overkill if I buy thermometers to install inside the tank

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My beardie outgrew his 40 gallon tank so I recently purchased a 120 gallon 4’X2’X2’ PVC tank to transfer him over. This will also be the first time I install the basking lamp and deep heat projector inside the tank vs above a mesh screen. I bought two dimming thermostats to connect an Arcadia 50w dimmable halogen light for basking and the other thermostat is connected to an Arcadia deep heat projector. My question as silly as it sounds is do I also need to buy thermometers to monitor the tank? Or are the probes that connect to the thermostat enough. It would seem like overkill if I buy thermometers to install inside the tank
How many probes do you have ? 2? deep heat projectors are for keeping temps at night to 65-75 you dont want anything over 75 at night -- your basking lights should keep surface basking temps 95-100 -- area around that hot side in the 90's to 100 --- middle of your tank in the 90's and cool side 80ish --

BeardieDaddio

Bearded Dragon Egg
How many probes do you have ? 2? deep heat projectors are for keeping temps at night to 65-75 you dont want anything over 75 at night -- your basking lights should keep surface basking temps 95-100 -- area around that hot side in the 90's to 100 --- middle of your tank in the 90's and cool side 80ish --
Yes it would be 2 probes one from each thermostat which an Arcadia d3 light bracket is connected into. Yes I am aware of what the temps must be which is why I invested in the thermostats which can help me regulate the temperatures I need in a PVC tank which I never had before.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes it would be 2 probes one from each thermostat which an Arcadia d3 light bracket is connected into. Yes I am aware of what the temps must be which is why I invested in the thermostats which can help me regulate the temperatures I need in a PVC tank which I never had before.
Ok and you have good placement and distance for your UVB?

Latest posts