• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

The Yo-Man

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Yoshi009.jpg

Yoshi005.jpg

Yoshi001.jpg

Yoshi002-1.jpg

YoshiandthePhantomoftheOpera001.jpg
YoshiThattastesYUCKY005.jpg

Yoshi-Oct09023.jpg

Yoshi-Oct09039.jpg

Yoshi014.jpg

Yoshi019.jpg

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Sorry, I got these out of order those last 2 should be up at the top. These were hard to look at. He fell off his log shortly after that first pic was taken. I believe he broke his back then. The bump started shortly after as you can tell as the MBD set in or he may have had it and that's why he broke his back. I kept taking him to the vet trying to get someone to help him. I changed vets 3 times. Seeing each vet several times(all in a year) finally I found Sandy, Lisa and Gina and Laura!! Only then did I start feeling like there was any kind of hope for him. I would write on the forum in a sheer, white terror, panic attack as each new problem arose(remember those days girls?) They'd calm me down and then tell me to try this or that. I'd try anything that I thought would help!!! I do not know what I would have done without them!! Thanks Girls!!! I feel very close to all of them for that!! They have seen me at my very worst and stuck by me!! <3 I finally felt like he would make it and my first real glimps of hope came when I was on a forum chat with all of them and Tee was on( I only talked to her a few times) and she asked how old he was. I think he was just over a year then. And she told me that if he had lived this long he was going to make it. She knew of one that was in just as bad of shape and it was now 7 or 8. WOW!!!

Thanks Zeb for asking for this!! We sure have come a long way!!

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Vesta...wow I do remember those days. Seems like forever ago. You did a wonderful job.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I am glad I asked. I did it purely out of a documented interest in the progression of such an injury.
I can see however, in each picture, his color, bright; eyes clear and bright; those fat pads can be seen as growing larger; the muscles in his back legs developing; and his tail fat pads also clearly increasing.

All in all, Vesta, the care and advise you used with his deformity was well worth the efforts.
I must admit... he looks to be a tad mischievous ? And NOT a poser either... I saw those stress lines in one of the pictures... was he just not ready ? lol
Once again, thank you for sharing!
Janie

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
You're welcome Janie!! I really love this guy and hardly notice that he is a little mishapen. As long as he is not suffering. He is chockful of personality and Yes, he is mischievous. Twice last week he jumped out of his enclosure when I was not looking. It's quite a drop for him. Once when I turned my back and again when I forgot to close his door. I went to check on him and there he was heading over to me. Stinker!! I know he's better because before you COULD trust him to turn your back on him.

That pic was taken by my daughter Sarah when I was in New York. He may not have liked that she was in his space!! LOL!! They always act up when I am gone.

You may have noticed that one of his toes is gone. I had him for almost a year before I noticed!!! LOL!! One other thing that caught my eye and I did not notice because of my inexperience was that in that first picture, if you look closely it looks like his tail already has a bend in it. He was only about 5" or 6' at that time. His problems were already starting.

Latest posts