• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

The Vet

Pascal Rivette

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey Everyone,

Just wondering how old your dragon should be when you take them to the vet for the first time? Someone had told me that I should have mine checked for parasites, but he's only 2 months old right now...

Thanks!

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
I would take him at any age

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My first Dragon is 10 years old, still quite healthy & has never been to a Vet. The Dragons I have with me now, are 2, 6, 7 & 8, they have never been to a vet either.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Pascal, unless you have a concern that needs to be addressed, you can probably skip the vet appointment. Did you get him from somewhere known to have parasites? If you're up to it, you may be able to inspect his feces to see if you notice anything unusual about it that may indicate parasites.
Most people I would say, skip the vet trip because it's expensive. Unless you have a reason to think your dragon is ill...

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
A BD is not a dog or a cat. Mostly you don't need to go to the vet regularly, only for an in case of sickness thing, I would tend to echo Josh.

Latest posts