• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

The Sun

Chris Baez Jr.

Juvenile Dragon
I take my Dragon out three or four times a week for about ten to twenty minutes (depending on how hot the sun is). I just put her on my shoulder or forearm and walk outside, front or back of the house.

I have never put my Dragon down outside. And that's because, here in Central Florida there's a lot of bugs, ants and other pest, and so people are always throwing pesticides around their house. Though, that doesn't harm the toads, frogs, wild lizards or snakes, I don't want to take a chance on Patricia eating something she is not supposed to.

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I would agree with Chris...We take Mungi outside for 15-30 minutes of REAL Sunshine at least a couple of times a week weather permitting but we don't put him down on the ground outside either. He hasn't ever shown any real interest in being on the ground and is content to ride on my shoulder and soak up some rays. There is nothing better than real sunlight:)

BoomBoom

Hatchling Dragon
bonnie scotland might be bonnie, but there is never any real sun :( which is a shame as I would love to take her out to experience it next summer

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
bonnie scotland might be bonnie, but there is never any real sun :( which is a shame as I would love to take her out to experience it next summer

"Bonnie Scotland" has a lot of beauty to offer even when the Sun doesn't blaze in the sky:) My general rule for taking Mungi outside is that the temps are at very least 70-75 or above, not windy and the day be bright at least. UV can still be gotten and in fact people getting sun burns can happen even when the skies are overcast. The temperature determines how long I take him out though as their body temp will drop fairly quickly on cool days as opposed to hot.

Perhaps a Holiday is called for...in Southern France? Strictly for your dragon of course! lol:D

Latest posts