• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

The Meeting Of The Beards;-)

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Was just curious if any other bearded folk out there has experienced their bearded dragon having a strange fascination with their whiskers?
Mungi from day one has always been attracted to mine and whenever I have him within range of my whiskers he will immediately make a beeline for them and then apparently greatly enjoys pawing at them and rooting in them almost as if making a nest and then will fall asleep with his nose buried in them. If I pull him away then he will claw to get back to the beard.
At first I thought that it was simply that he was trying to get at the warmth against my neck but now believe it's not that at all because if he is on my shoulder for instance he will sit and then every so often poke his nose into my beard on my cheek just for a moment.
He will climb around on the chair and periodically walk back over, put his nose in my beard for a couple of seconds and then continue climbing around on me or the chair for a bit and then back to my beard for a second or two.
And no I don't have any bugs in my beard,thank you very much!LOL
Anyway was just curious if anyone else has had similar experience with their dragon:)

Here is an example of him doing his "beard check" earlier this evening...

beards2.jpg

Enjoy!!

Lemonpie

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Kratos loves to make a small nest in my wavy/easily tangled hair. He will sleep in his little hair nest and is very difficult to untangle. He likes my boyfriend's hair too but its too short for him to curl up in so he just perches on his head/face. Today I unfortunately found a piece of my hair that Kratos ate and had to pull it the rest of the way out...sooo gross!

sean8172

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I have more beard now, but Aussie still seems fascinated with mine. He'll still climb up until he can't any more. If I'm laying in my side, he'll often climb up to my head and lay down. When he lays on my shoulder, he will snuggle up under it and go to sleep, almost every time.

uploadfromtaptalk1352703485552.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1352703506350.jpg

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
LOL! I don't have a beard, but I used to have long hair. Allie loved to hide in my hair and falls asleep. I don't know if it's because it smells good or it feels like home. :)

Pat B

Super Moderator
and then there is Spike....who doesn't do a dang thing with hair!! He is the weirdest beardie. Maybe when he 'wakes up' from his brumation he will have a personality!!

khaleesi

Juvenile Dragon
It's funny I don't have a beard...yet!! (fingers crossed I never do) but Charlie makes a bee line for my throat/chin every time he's out he's even started to create blue murder in his viv to come out just so he can sleep on my neck... Maybe he's trying to forewarn me of a pending facial hair problem :confused: but as a young female I most certainly hope not LOL Nibbler on the other hand she is a daddy's girl she will only settle for my boyfriend but she hasn't made any attempts on his facial hair as yet but there's always time ;)

Latest posts