• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

The fate of 'Half Jack"

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Litte, compact, and Zoom Zoom... to which I can only respond... Fafugnuttin !

ABRAXIS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi guys. Here are some pics as promised on the little guys progress. Although it has only been a few days, he is coming along nicely.

Photo-0015_001.jpg

Photo-0004_001.jpg

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Can see he is getting some "meat" around the waist there... Good job so far.

ABRAXIS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
hi guys. It's going slow and at times really testing my patience, but we are getting there. thanks for all your encouragement.

ABRAXIS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I picked up something weird in Zoom Zoom's eating pattern. It seems to be 80 percent greens and 20 percent crickets.I think it has something to do with the fact that he was dominated by the other bd at the feed bowl and had to resort to greens in order to keep going. Any ideas?

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Try mushing up the crickets and force feed him with a dropper, till he gets a taste for them.

Maybe they are like us, if you eat a little all the time our stomachs sort of shrink and when you start to eat more it gradually expands?????

I know Pogie was fed 2 crickets every 2 days by her previous owners and she gradually built up her intake over time. At first she ate 6 two times a day, then 9 two times a day, then 12, 15, and now shell eat all she can have. But it took 3 weeks to get there

ABRAXIS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi everybody. Zoom Zoom is really picking up nicely. He has reached a total length of 5 1/2 inches and went through his first shed. ;D Sad to say, he was not nearly as exited as me about the whole event. He is really picking up some body.Will post some pics later today

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
he is looking much better, keep it up he will get there. Once they start "catching up" on their growing it just keeps going. Trust me on that. Slyder was 6 months when I got her and the size of a 2-3 month old. I started caring for her properly and now she is right where she should be in only 4 months.

ABRAXIS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi every body. Zoom Zoom now measures 6 inches. He has grown 2 inches in the past month since I got him. Here are the pics as promised. He has a healthy appetite and although he is a bit skittish feeding by himself , He accepts crickets if handfed. he manages about 30 to 50 crickets per feeding.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That's cool! Congratulations....but am I just not seeing the pics? Or did you forget to post them? ;D

Jiffy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Awww! How stinking cute is he?! ;D

I agree with Lisa, that one picture was adorable. But man oh man, just looking at it makes my neck hurt! You are doing a great job with him.

ABRAXIS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
;D Thanks guys. I was all stressed out at first, but now that he/she has gone through with his/her first shed since I got him/her, I feel much more relaxed.Zoom Zoom developed an appetite that is out of this world,not that I am complaining though, and still has to be handfed, but he does pick up the occasional cricket that escapes the tweezers. lol

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
WOW, no more skin and bones . . . .

Good job, hes getting big

Latest posts