• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

tempurture issues

chardust

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi guys! its me again... sorry, i'm just new to all this stuff :) so, duckie (my beardie) has been sleeping a lot (im not sure what's normal) but maybe he's basking? i really dont know. when i hold him he just closes his eyes and to me looks like he's sleeping. BUT he also does this all day near his bulb. the first day or two i got him he seemed more energetic... now he's just seeming very lethargic. so I heard about brumination and was curious if that's what he was doing... because i'm only using a bulb and not a thermometer. it's been rainy and a little cold outside averaging about 12 degrees c. so i closed the door front door that my family keeps open and turned the thermostat from 15 to 20 c. I put the little sticker thermometer at the bottom of the tank near the bulb and when I came back it was only 93... it seemed a little too low. I came here looking for answers and read that it depends on where you test the temp from... so i measured the temp from about 2-3 inches below the bulb and it read about 103 which is great! but now I'm not really sure which measurement is correct and if he truly is warm... and im not sure if that's why he seems lethargic is because of that. the first two days he ate a bunch of crickets and when I switched over to worms yesterday he only ate one i think a possibly a couple greens. i kept his worms from yesterday to see if he would eat them but he's still just under his bulb. I plan on giving him more worms soon to see if he eats again but I'm not sure.

does this seem like a temperature issue? are the temp measurements i took healthy? help would be greatly appreciated!

chardust

Bearded Dragon Egg
ok, update, i checked the temp on the cool side... it's only measuring at a 69/70 which is much too low... what do i do? what's the problem?

Kylie C

Hatchling Dragon
This chart should help you perfect those numbers. Measure the temp from where your beardie is going to be. For example, if he is hanging out on his basking spot and you don’t know the temp, then you can put ur thermometer there and measure it. The Lethargy is most likely being caused by too low of temps. Also make sure you have a UVB source for ur lil guy. Keep us updated!

Attachments

• 2E83ACAD-C34B-4A0D-81A7-4679B7FB7E55.png
    2E83ACAD-C34B-4A0D-81A7-4679B7FB7E55.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 11

chardust

Bearded Dragon Egg
This chart should help you perfect those numbers. Measure the temp from where your beardie is going to be. For example, if he is hanging out on his basking spot and you don’t know the temp, then you can put ur thermometer there and measure it. The Lethargy is most likely being caused by too low of temps. Also make sure you have a UVB source for ur lil guy. Keep us updated!
Hi! Thanks for the info! Luckily I called the pet store and they said it was most likely shedding of why he was so sleepy... and that was right on. So he's good :) just resting up I guess. Where he normally is is around 103 which is perfect. They recommended I shift the light over a little to heat up the general area of the tank, but no success. it's still at 73/74 so I might call them again and see what to do :)

Chadhfink

Bearded Dragon Egg
You need to use a reptile thermostat to keep the temperature stable in your beardys tank.

Latest posts