• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Temperature help!

Coops

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi all,

We recently got a baby beardy and he's all set up in a 3ft tank.

We are using a thermostat, 100watt bulb and UV light however I cant seem to get the right temps on each side.

The cools side sits at about 88f and the warm side sits at 92f... if I switch the thermostat up to make the warm side hotter then the 'cool' side warms up too much.

How to you get the right balance??

Thanks in advance

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Dex is in a 40 gal tank and I found that the smaller heat lamp that I added along side his 150 w (added when I was trying to keep his humidity down) helps stabilize his temps the best. His basking side sits at 106-108 F now (depending on the heat of the day) and his shade side sits at about 86-88 F. The smaller one is set a little closer to the middle than his larger basking one that sits over his big rock. Had to do some adjusting and moving around, but found the perfect spots. He seems happier with this set up and loves to spread himself along his log or hang out at the tip of it. Did take me a bit of figuring out to get temps right. Keep playing and adjusting with lights and positions and you'll get it. :)

Valcast1

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey guys so i have a 20 gallon tank for my 8 week old beardie his basking side is at 104f and his cool side is around 80f i have him under a 100 watt baskikg bulb and i also have the t8 50watt long uvb light for him does everything seem ok for his lighting and temp?

Valcast1

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey guys so i have a 20 gallon tank for my 8 week old beardie his basking side is at 104f and his cool side is around 80f i have him under a 100 watt baskikg bulb and i also have the t8 50watt long uvb light for him does everything seem ok for his lighting and temp?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 8

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hello, that sounds good just don't let the cool side get any warmer.

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hi all,

We are using a thermostat, 100watt bulb and UV light however I cant seem to get the right temps on each side.

The cools side sits at about 88f and the warm side sits at 92f... if I switch the thermostat up to make the warm side hotter then the 'cool' side warms up too much.

Thanks in advance
[/
Hi all,

Thanks in advance
g
Hi all,

Thanks in advance
Get a ZooMed thermometer and his basking platform spot should be raised to be closer to the bulb, so temp can be at least 100-105. Regardless get a ZooMed basking bulb that’s the best one it’s cheap like $12 or so. DONOT use a coil, red or black bulb!!! Only clear Amd tank needs to be bigger and higher get a 20gallpm tank later u will need a 40 gallon Plus. No red or black bulbs get the ZooMed basking bulb only for heat. For a 20 gallon tank get a 50watt for a 30gallon tank get a 75watt bulb and for 40 gallon get a 100watt any tanks bigger get a 150watt! Also u need the long Reptisun tubular bulb with holder for UVb order it from amazon should be placed in the back of the tank on top Reptisun 10.0 T5 is the one to buy and the basking bulb in front of it like 8 imcejs Away tank should be light and bright and Beardie should have a platform to bask that is 6-8imcjes from the basking light ask 12 inches away from the UVb. No lights at note pure dark!! U can get a ceramic heat lamp for warmth it emits NO light.

Latest posts